Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MailInABox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MailInABox

Mail-in-a-Box provides a single shell script that turns a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit machine into a working mail server, including:

https://github.com/JoshData/mailinabox

(nifty!)

Thanked by 1souen

Comments

• Awesome! I look forward to incorporating this into my cluster. Thanks!

• jhjh Member

Looks good

• fislefisle Member

@amarc said:
    Also, sqlite? Seriously ?

Nothing wrong with using sqlite with your own normal sized personal mailbox

• @fisle
    I like sqlite - (im not 100% sure) but i think that each time you write to sqlite it locks the database - so if you receive 2-3 emails in the same second I believe you will lose 1-2 emails because sqlite will lock up? not sure if sqlite no longer works this way i could be wrong.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Stevie said:
    fisle
    I like sqlite - (im not 100% sure) but i think that each time you write to sqlite it locks the database - so if you receive 2-3 emails in the same second I believe you will lose 1-2 emails because sqlite will lock up? not sure if sqlite no longer works this way i could be wrong.

Kind of true, you can not write two things at the same time to the same database with sqlite, although I would hope some kind of retrying/queueing is built in to counter that.

• souensouen Member

That looks interesting. Is there anything similar for CentOS, or CentOS guide that explains the security configuration (i.e. hardening mail server, issues to be aware of during config)? Thanks in advance.

• Nice, wish this was for CentOS.