Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus is down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus is down?

seikanseikan Member
edited May 2012 in Providers

I rarely login into my Virpus but when I try to access it this morning, I found that their website and control panel are down. Wondering how long they gone offline already. Anyone using their service?

Comments

• My VM is still up, but judging from there service, I'm not surprised.

• seikanseikan Member

LOL, I never expect more from them :D

• laaevlaaev Member

I can confirm there website appears to be offline on my end.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@FTN_Kevin said: I can confirm there website appears to be offline on my end.

Same, they have not moved it to us yet

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited May 2012

@HostBluff said: Same, they have not moved it to us yet

Sorry to tell you this, but you should really take a look at Virpus. Might be taking some of your customers.

• flyfly Member

virpus rofl lol

• KMyersKMyers Member

@lele0108 said: Sorry to tell you this, but you should really take a look at Virpus. Might be taking some of your customers.

We are sending over some techs to help them get back online

• 0: We are sending over some techs to help them get back online

Also, you might want to replace some of the hard drives. I think they are beating your I/O speed too.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@lele0108 said: Also, you might want to replace some of the hard drives. I think they are beating your I/O speed too.

That is a good thing

• subigosubigo Member

They use Cloudflare? lol...

• laaevlaaev Member

@subigo said: They use Cloudflare? lol...

I do not get a Cloudflare IP when pinging there site.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

Actually I do, sorry about that. I mistyped Virpus. Looks like they are behind Cloudflare

• seikanseikan Member

@DotVPS said: HEY! whats wrong with Cloudflare?

Nothing wrong I guess. I'm using too.

• @HostBluff said: That is a good thing

Haha, I stated it wrong. I meant, their I/O is so bad, it's beating them bacon LEBs :P

• subigosubigo Member

@DotVPS said: HEY! whats wrong with Cloudflare?

It goes down more than a $5k/hour hooker.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

billing is up https://myvirpus.com/

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

@DotVPS said: The protection does but not the DNS management side. if your a host and using the protection add-on bit then paha! to them.

Oh, yes it does. There's plenty of proof on Wickedfire... a huge thread with a Cloudflare employee getting killed. And I've had multiple clients who use Cloudflare and open tickets bitching because their container was down, when it was just the DNS.

• laaevlaaev Member

I find it shocking how they didnt post any updates about this on there Twitter or Faecbook considering the length of this outage.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Ken was probably busy and noone else can do anything "technical" in that company?

Thanked by 1laaev
  • laaevlaaev Member

Seems like they are back up.

• subigosubigo Member

@DotVPS said: Cloudflare said they had an issue in Los Angeles, CA and San Jose, CA

Which is nothing new. Their "status" page doesn't record anything correctly and every single time they have an outage they try to blame the user or the user's host for "blocking their IP".

I don't see why anyone would use Cloudflare. I wouldn't use them if they paid me.

• subigosubigo Member

@DotVPS said: I like the DNS management but the Protection is a no no

I don't trust any DNS management company who refuses to tell you what their monthly query limit is.

• subigosubigo Member

More proof Cloudflare sucks. They just had an outage, but it wasn't recorded on their status page at all. Proved it by going to a forum that uses them and getting the normal Cloudflare error (http://i.imgur.com/VzqwF.png), but could easily connect via the IP.

• laaevlaaev Member

Looks like there client area is having issues.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1153312#9

• They use Cloudflare? lol...

Using cloudflare >loling

If you're serious, then you sir, are an idiot.