Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one thing each provider I've tried seems to lack...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The one thing each provider I've tried seems to lack...

JamesGTRSJamesGTRS Member
edited April 2014 in General

I've tried a handful of providers lowendtalk, and I think the one thing most of them lack is any kind of customer service.

The services they provide are usually pretty good, but getting any kind of help or information out of them could turn into a customer service nightmare.

Asking questions here, then being asked to submit a ticket, so you do only to be told "we're not going to do that" or asking a basic question and getting "we know" as the answer really doesn't help anything.

I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and I try to help out when the service provider has questions for me, giving as much information as I can, but I think a couple courses in customer engagement and keeping them happy could go a long way.

JamesGTRS

Comments

• Depends on the provider too.

I have had issues with only one provider here and it was an anomaly as I had had fantastic support from them prior to that.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Depends on the problem. If it is a problem with the service (network, node) the people there usually know about it before you send the ticket. If you need them to do something for you, you must consider the services are usually unmanaged, please read what services are provider and do not assume anything above that.

"dd test shows 3 MB/s", that is a problem they will have to answer, "I want free cPanel and you install it for me", maybe not.

• @Jack said:
    It depends your attitude with the provider, if you're are a dick to me don't expect me to be nice as pie back...

I'm never a dick to any company. That doesn't get you anywhere, all it does it piss you off so you treat me like crap.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: I think the one thing most of them lack is any kind of customer service.

Nonsense.

@Francisco (BuyVM) has always been awesome. A couple months ago he logged into a VPS of mine and reconfigured sysctl.conf to solve an issue I had. He's helped on other issues as well.

@Aldryic (BuyVM) has resolved billing issues for me in an efficient manner and is very polite (at least when dealing with customers :-)

Anthony (BuyVM)...well, ok, he's curt but has never been rude :-)

@KuJoe (ServerDragon) has always been a pleasure to deal with.

@mitgib (Hostigation) fixed up an issue I had with him a couple years ago in a quick and friendly manner.

@Nick_A from Ramnode and @ryanarp of CatalystHost have been very nice to deal with as well.

I think you're with the wrong hosts.

I don't expect really any technical support for LET prices unless it's something wrong with the service provided. If my VPS is down or something is misconfigured (something "outside" the VPS), then I expect action...if it's administering the OS or something "inside" the VPS then it's on me. Of course, providers should never be rude in telling you that...none of the ones I still deal with are.

• @Jack said:
    What question did you ask?

Q: "I see my purchase is still pending, I wanted to find out what the hold up is?"

A: "We're aware."

• MunMun Member

I can only say good things about @ryanarp at http://catalysthost.com/ and @nick_a at http://ramnode.com/ as both providers give you a great customer support and product.

Thanked by 2ryanarp Nick_A
  • RamNode has been great, no arguement there.

Thanked by 3ryanarp Nick_A khav
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

To add to some of the names mentioned above, if you're not a dick @AnthonySmith is a pleasure to deal with. IMO he's up there with @Aldryic in terms of customer service.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • emreemre Member, LIR

if you can double your minimum LEB budget you can will get totally managed service and ultra fast, kind and prompt customer service.. Wait for it :)

Soon..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@emre said:
    if you can double your minimum LEB budget you can will get totally managed service and ultra fast, kind and prompt customer service.. Wait for it :)

Soon..

My minimum LEB budget is about $0.50 a month.

• emreemre Member, LIR

Nekki said: My minimum LEB budget is about $0.50 a month.

ok, my bad Lets say $5 for minimum :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So you're going to offer full management for $10 a month?

• I've probably sent like 15 support tickets in the last few years, usually it's an unresponsive VPS and if they reply saying "We're aware of it, it's a DDoS/abuse/hardware/network issue" then that's fine. I don't care if they address me as sir or ask me how my day has been. I'm not paying for that.

• @JamesGTRS - The answer to your question is

Thanked by 1JamesGTRS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Oh gawd.

• I have to agree with you on this point, @Jack is a complete asshole to deal with.

• The title of this thread is rather misleading and contradicted by the first sentence in your post, OP:

The one thing each provider seems to lack...

VS.

I've tried only a handful of providers lowendtalk, and I think the one thing most of them lack is any kind of customer service.

The title can't possibly be true unless you've literally tried every single provider in existence, and you've already admitted to only trying a few on LET. Not only that, you're stating "most of them" out of the handful you've tried appear to be lacking customer service skills, which is not the same as asserting each one as per your title.

I can just as easily make a post and state that the one thing most of the providers I've tried are getting right is customer service. I've tried four and thus far my experience with support has largely been positive, with helpful, courteous staff and quick responses. But that hardly means my tiny sample is representative of the low end industry, and it would be a flawed assumption to overgeneralize like this.

• I've been impressed with the customer support i have received from the LEB providers I use. VPSDime, Prometeus, RamNode, Crissic, i-83 and INIZ have all been extremely professional answering my tickets.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • wychwych Member

@Jack said:
    Glad to hear it.

@Jack said:
    It depends your attitude with the provider, if you're are a dick to me don't expect me to be nice as pie back...

My attitude mustn't be bad then as @Jack's nice as pie with me.

• wychwych Member

@Jack said:
    Didn't get a phone call this year on Easter monday tho! wych

I lost your number :(

• @hellogoodbye said:
    The title of this thread is rather misleading and contradicted by the first sentence in your post, OP:

The one thing each provider seems to lack...

VS.

I've tried only a handful of providers lowendtalk, and I think the one thing most of them lack is any kind of customer service.

Updated for the lawyer in you.

I'd say out of the 9 or 10 providers I've tried here, only 1 seems to have any customer service level. This last one I just purchased, will be the last I purchase from any provider on LET. Just more headaches than it's worth.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@JamesGTRS said:
    I'd say out of the 9 or 10 providers I've tried here, only 1 seems to have any customer service level. This last one I just purchased, will be the last I purchase from any provider on LET. Just more headaches than it's worth.

Name'em and shame'em Jimbo.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki said:
    Name'em and shame'em Jimbo.

Do IT!

or else just find hosts with great (not good) reviews.