Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH Time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH Time

ArchieArchie Member
edited April 2014 in General

I had one Buffalo VPS bought from GVH. I re-installed it yesterday but then I could not boot my server, so I opened a ticket for help. They made a re-deploy for my server, that's the new specification I received:

· IP: changed without a comment before they did

· RAM: 2GB before, now 1.5GB

· Bandwidth: 10TB before, now 3TB

I replied in the ticket and asked for a fix, what they said

screenshots of servers(Chicago and Dallas) I bought the same time as this one

Comments

• BradBrad Member

Everybody get ready and put on your seat belts.

Thanked by 1daxterfellowes
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@K2Bytes said:

• ATHKATHK Member

Brad said: Everybody get ready and put on your seat belts.

• Did you reply with the screenshots you posted here before posting here?

I assume not...

• Re-screenshot so you'll know this is on live, excited, aha? Welcome @GreenValueHost

• It's... DRAMA TIME!

• ArchieArchie Member
    edited April 2014

@hostnoob said:
    Did you reply with the screenshots you posted here before posting here?

No need to do that.

"Papa, I want a toy"

"Papa, I want a car"

"No it should have 3TB."

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited April 2014

Threads like these are becoming means of unintentional publicity for GVH :)
    LET & WHT both almost always have 1 active thread regarding GVH. Jon @GreenValueHost I am jealous of your brand's popularity ;(

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited April 2014

@serverian said:
    I'm really sick of this.

Same, he could have easily replied with that screenshot saying "No, look it was 10TB, I have this proof here" and no doubt they would have amended it.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2014

You all know that LET is the number 1 helpdesk.. not the actual providers system/s.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • They don't even address the client when replying to the ticket...

Thanked by 1764664
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"Hey let me tell you about GVH..."

• BradBrad Member
    edited April 2014

@forthcloud said:
    They don't even address the client when replying to the ticket...

Very few hosts do that. For all I care, as long as they get the issue resolved, I'm happy.

@Archie your thread title makes it look like you're posting this on purpose.

• ArchieArchie Member
    edited April 2014

Not really.

I would not post here but they say something to their customers without any investigation/check and so sure. It's not the way to do business. Maybe I should not screenshot and just write here "I'm sure the server SHOULD have 100T bandwidth", what would you say.

• @hostnoob said:
    Same, he could have easily replied with that screenshot saying "No, look it was 10TB, I have this proof here" and no doubt they would have amended it.

That's not the key. If I did not order any other servers at the same time I would have no evidence screenshots you saw here. What would you do if you were the customer? What would you do if you were the provider if a customer said the specification was wrong?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

What would you do if you were the customer?

Personally, I don't have data that is either popular or large enough to warrant >3TB that I'd have on a budget VPS. I guess that's the realm of sharing other people's data.

Dig out your emails and see if there's any mention of 10TB in either the paypal/cc receipt or the order confirmation.

• It seems that as we go day by day, LET has become a VPS provider complaints forum.

.. in fact some people even use it as a secondary "support channel"

• @BoxClouds said:
    It seems that as we go day by day, LET has become a VPS provider complaints forum.

.. in fact some people even use it as a secondary "support channel"

blame the shitty providers who only respond properly when they are publicly shamed

• ATHKATHK Member

texteditor said: blame the shitty providers who only respond properly when they are publicly shamed

Lol so true, that's when issues actually get some sort of response.. it's sad really ..

• I think GVH enjoy threads like this.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • colacola Member

I have 2 VPS servers from them, i did wait almost 2 weeks to change a damn location, but in the end, is better to not complain about nothing for 8-10 bucks a year.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I am disappoint, son.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2014

@Archie i think you are at fault here. When you decided to buy a VPS from 13 years old < kittens >, what did you expect?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited April 2014

@Linkking said:
    I think GVH enjoy threads like this.

Indeed. They dont really give a .... about their customers.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • kyakykyaky Member
    edited April 2014

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Ad alert, ad alert, ad alert @mpkossen please discipline accordingly.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited April 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Also while I'm here, I'd also like to take the opportunity to let everyone know that we've just deployed a bunch of new nodes in all of our locations and that we have a few thousand v4 just laying around, we'll make use of that and get another sale going this week.

Sidenote: Use the promo code "GVHTIME" for first month free on a V-standard+ vps purchase.

I can't beleave you get away with this. Is the OP a real customer and this just another marketing strategy?

Thanked by 2raindog308 eric1212
  • wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    Ad alert, ad alert, ad alert mpkossen please discipline accordingly.

Haha.