Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it to list our company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is it worth it to list our company

ClancomsClancoms Member
edited April 2014 in Providers

Pro's and Con's of listing a company on "LET"

What is so good about it ?

please give your thoughts on it thanks.

Comments

• kyakykyaky Member

although I don't know what this is about, sure, please list them.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2014

Pros: reach out to users and get some $$

Cons: screw up and you're going to see a ton of posts about it.

Either way on LET/LEB or not you'll always get good and/or bad press, it doesn't really matter where you advertise. It's always the risk you must take to get money and provide either a good or terrible service.

• @ATHK said:
    Pros: reach out to users and get some $$

Cons: screw up and you're going to see a ton of posts about it.

Either way on LET/LEB or not you'll always get good and/or bad press, it doesn't really matter where you advertise. It's always the risk you must take to get money and provide either a good or terrible service.

+1 for this comment lol cuz if you screw up to much you will get hammered by the users here

• i have noticed you get hammered by the users here either way lol.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited April 2014

@Clancoms said:
    i have noticed you get hammered by the users here either way lol.

Honestly, you get that anywhere probably more here because this site is about VPS's.

Like I said, if you want business, advertising means everything, doesn't matter where you post it, you've just to take the good with the bad as with anything in life.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

just run a solid & profesional business, if you got that going then you really shouldn't have any issues dealing with the LET members.

but keep in mind that you would be offering lowend offers here, those always will attract alot of abusers.

• Clancoms said: i have noticed you get hammered by the users here either way lol.

that is prob true lol

• BradBrad Member

Now or never

• nobody is gonna make a 10 page thread slandering your company because you had a couple minutes/hours downtime. as long as you don't do any shady stuff like lie, cheat, etc.. you shouldn't be worried, since most people can see the difference between someone rightfully criticising a host, and someone just being a dick for no reason.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Mark_R said: but keep in mind that you would be offering lowend offers here, those always will attract alot of abusers.

This. Make sure you want LET customers.

hostnoob said: nobody is gonna make a 10 page thread slandering your company because you had a couple minutes/hours downtime.

Although if like some LET providers you promise "99.999% uptime" then they have every right to.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited April 2014

Didn't OP run a service that blocks most countries besides US, UK, and Canada citing attacks and safety concerns?

You were not getting hammered. People were just pointing out if you reduce to blocking to secure your billing system, then your server is not secure.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Making sure your company name includes the words 'Ram' and 'node' (in that order) will make you impervious to criticism.

Thanked by 1retry
  • We've had a few hiccups as we grow; however we've kept clients regularly informed and been very transparent about what we are doing. We also respond to people in a timely fashion. We've not had any people open a thread complaining.

I think if you keep your house in order you'll be fine.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@halczy said:
    Didn't OP run a service that blocks most countries besides US, UK, and Canada citing attacks and safety concerns?

You were not getting hammered. People were just pointing out if you reduce to blocking to secure your billing system, then your server is not secure.

And saying that is was just for North America... But Mexico is blocked haha