Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help.mybb says Internal Server Error when i click "new reply" in a thread.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need help.mybb says Internal Server Error when i click "new reply" in a thread.

rahulksrahulks Member

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.>

What could be the problem ? Any idea ? Could it be a problem because of my webhost?

Thanked by 1lelewku

Comments

• Could be an issue with the host. Contact your provider. They'll be able to tell you whats wrong...

• Generally a 404 means that the file cannot be found. What is the page it is referencing to in myBB? Can you verify it? If so, then your next thing to do is enable all PHP errors to see if there's something that prohibiting the page from rendering correctly.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

@daxterfellowes said:
    Generally a 404 means that the file cannot be found. What is the page it is referencing to in myBB? Can you verify it? If so, then your next thing to do is enable all PHP errors to see if there's something that prohibiting the page from rendering correctly.

This is a 404 of a 503 error page if I'm not blind.

It's up to your provider, you should check your htaccess, assuming you're using apache and the PHP status or permissions in some of the files.

• DeanDean Member

Could it be mod_security blocking it?

• PrestigePrestige Member
    edited April 2014

Check your site error log. If you're using cPanel, open up "Error Log".

It has something to do with file permissions.

• Only the log files will be able to tell you more.

• nunimnunim Member

Most common causes of 500 are permission/ownership issues and .htaccess problems, as @neroux said, only the error log will tell you exactly what went wrong.

• @PremiumN I have opened a ticket.Now waiting for a reply.