Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Green Value Host: clowns running the circus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Green Value Host: clowns running the circus

after a ludicrously lengthy and laughable beginning with this host, and after allot of promises by senior staff, i decided to give Green Value Host another shot

well, once again it seems that incompetence reigns and management could care less about who is using their services and for what purpose

for the 2nd time in 4 months the sv3 IP has become blacklisted by enough services that GVH management was forced to move its clients to yet another box

apparently, because of their stellar "deals", and lack of ethics, Green Value Host is a spammers wet dream

Valued Clients,
This is a notification to inform you that maintenance is currently being performed on our srv3 hosting server that is expected to take 4-5 hours from the point that this email is sent to you.

approximately 12 hours later...

Valued Clients,
This is a notification to inform you that we are still working on resolving issues with srv3/performing maintenance.
The main IP address and secondary IP address will be CHANGED as the main IP address is on an excessive number of email blacklists.
New Main IP Address: 172.245.4.114
New Nameservers (THESE NAMESERVERS ARE CLUSTERED FOR REDUNDANCY)

so they send the new name server IP's, but not the domain names they resolve to ???

4 DAYS LATER, my website is "is DOWN for everyone. It is not just you. The server is not responding..." according to isitdownrightnow.com, FTP access is broken and their "CLUSTERED FOR REDUNDANCY" ns1.secureserverpanel.com name server is failing (among other problems)...

Bangkok, Thailand 172.245.4.114
Auckland, New Zealand 172.245.4.114
Gent, Belgium 172.245.4.114
Toronto, Canada timeout
Paris, France timeout
Echterdingen, Germany timeout
Arizona, United States timeout
New York, United States 172.245.4.114
Oklahoma, United States 172.245.4.114
San Francisco, United States 205.234.159.58
Washington DC, United States 172.245.4.114
Melbourne, Australia timeout
Sydney, Australia timeout
Beijing, China timeout
Tokyo, Japan timeout
Monterrey, Mexico timeout
Johannesburg, South Africa timeout
Moscow, Russia 172.245.4.114
Manchester, United Kingdom timeout

and after having "finished the server maintainence"...

lfd failed
Server Load 9.58 (8 cpus)
Disk /dev/md1 (/home) 85 %

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

Person who opened "STAY AWAY from HOST..." thread few months ago now opens another complain about this same host? One would think that atleast you can keep up with your own words...
    So much about clowns and circus.

• You can't say you weren't warned in the first place, @lowEndMan. Your loss for returning at a terrible host that had already disappointed you and that is well-known to be unreliable.

• This is really getting old.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

ACaton said: This is really getting old.

not really, it helps new users to know more about gvh

Thanked by 2darkshire lazyt
  • my vps always down

they said is online but i see on panel show offline .

-_____-

Thanked by 2darkshire iSky
  • Lol, never a day without a GVH thread here at LET... but it's seems like @lowEndMan is not one of the brightest out there. But of course, I'm pretty sure he just wants the drama of posting bad things about GVH.

• i'm user GVH service good, support fast, LET Mid-Feb Special #3 10$
    [root@ngocphat ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 3401.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 8388607 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 6 days, 10:27,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 98.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 24.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 31.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.5MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 6.52MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.85MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.26MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 38.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 98.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 17.2MB/s
    I/O speed : 192 MB/s

Total amount of ram : 8388607 MB !

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@thamtu1912 said:
    Total amount of ram : 8388607 MB !

7.99999905 terabytes,

Thanked by 2darkshire eddynetweb
  • @Floris said:

Not at GVH

• BruceBruce Member

all the GVH customers who are happy don't bother to comment.

• maybe gvh is reselling from their supercomputer :)

• ram 8TB fuck :) but i like it !

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited April 2014

I hadn't heard a bad thing about GVH until now. I'm not sure if I should be surprised or..

• That's a lot of RAM, to much overselling!

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

It is bad to have maintenance that turns into something far bigger, however it does happen and at that point all you can really do is communicate to the customer. Ideally customers would normally want a little bit of background to the trouble etc and they'll then be happy.

I dont think any provider likes issues that snowball.

• @myhken said:
    Lol, never a day without a GVH thread here at LET... but it's seems like lowEndMan is not one of the brightest out there. But of course, I'm pretty sure he just wants the drama of posting bad things about GVH.

Buy a VPS and you'll be automatically entered to win an all expenses paid dream vacation as the OP of a GVH dramathread! Second time dramathread customer? Use the coupon 'ADNAUSEAM' to save 10% on your next order with us! We guarantee to provide the material conditions for a successful dramathread or your money back.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • I thinks the word Green refers to weed !!!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • BruceBruce Member

@UltranetUSA said:
    I thinks the word Green refers to weed !!!

SpliffHost :)

• @Corey said:
    I hadn't heard a bad thing about GVH until now. I'm not sure if I should be surprised or..

Is that sarcasm or not?

• Your nameservers are misconfigured and I think you missed the email that we sent to you yesterday on the 16th entitled "Nameserver Information". Please check your inbox for that because our records show that we did indeed send you that email.

The reason for why your website is not resolving at this time is because you misconfigured your nameservers and didn't read that email we sent you yesterday.

• wychwych Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    Your nameservers are misconfigured and I think you missed the email that we sent to you yesterday on the 16th entitled "Nameserver Information". Please check your inbox for that because our records show that we did indeed send you that email.

The reason for why your website is not resolving at this time is because you misconfigured your nameservers and didn't read that email we sent you yesterday.

Just curious - Was it confirmed as delivered to the mailbox?

• @wych said:
    Just curious - Was it confirmed as delivered to the mailbox?

Yes.

• httpzoom said: It is bad to have maintenance that turns into something far bigger, however it does happen and at that point all you can really do is communicate to the customer. Ideally customers would normally want a little bit of background to the trouble etc and they'll then be happy.

I dont think any provider likes issues that snowball.

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • I have seen big improvements with their service and I hope they continue to grow and succeed. I don't know if you did, but I think GVH would appreciate you opening a ticket and giving them a chance to resolve it before coming here.

If you dislike them so much maybe it's time to find a new provider, probably best for you and them.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • If I were to try and fault this company, it's that they're offering deals to build up their customer base... to me it seems like they're teeing up to be bought out.

From the technical and support aspect, great value to date.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited April 2014

That idea of a separate GVH category is looking towards a bright future right now.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@Linkking it really isn't bullshit. This does happen and when it does it about how the company handles it and if it happens over and over again.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

Exactly what's wrong with clowns running a circus? If the clown has some business acumen, he's possibly an excellent choice to run it.

For fucks sake, in Madagascar 3 I'm pretty sure animals were running the circus and they made out OK, so a human clown with a grasp of business basics should be fine.

What the fuck is this thread about again?

• said: senior staff,

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Pwner said:
    That idea of a separate GVH category is looking towards a bright future right now.

ha