Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ - 6 months review (OpenVZ + KVM NL)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ - 6 months review (OpenVZ + KVM NL)

iceTwyiceTwy Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

Services

I've been with @INIZ since November 4. I've switched between three plans with them so far, although I've only had VPS in their Amsterdam, NL datacenter (which is nForce).

1. 2GB OpenVZ VPS (NL, nForce)
  2. 1GB KVM VPS (NL, nForce)
  3. 512MB KVM VPS (NL, nForce)

2GB OpenVZ VPS (NL, nForce)

The first one was 2GB OpenVZ VPS that I used as an Electrum node. Even though electrum-server and bitcoind were extremely resource-hungry (both I/O, RAM and space-wise), the node ran just fine for four solid months.

I had no downtime at all during this time, but DDoS attacks on a server in the datacenter in December and February made my VPS unreachable or barely accessible for a few hours.

However, Patrick sent mails to affected customers, informing us of the situation pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, I haven't saved any benchmarks from that time, but network speeds have never been an issue, and disk I/O (dd) was between 200 and 400MBps.

1GB KVM VPS (NL, nForce)

In February, I switched to a 1GB KVM VPS (I stopped running my Electrum node), which worked pretty well too. I kept it for a couple of months, up until a few days ago. Again, there was no issue with the network and support was top notch, since Patrick is easily reachable in case a problem arises (he idles on IRC).

The only problem was (is?) with abusers on the node I was on. During those two months I would often pop into SSH and run a random dd test at different times of the day, and I'd often end up getting inbetween 5 and 35MBps. Upon contacting Patrick and stopping the abuse, I/O rose back to its normal speeds (between 100 and 200MBps). An excerpt from a ticket (March 11):

http://i.imgur.com/j9VQ9IA.png

Thankfully, I wasn't using any service requiring good I/O, so it didn't impact me much, but it could have for other users. That's the only trouble I've had in my experience with INIZ.

512MB KVM VPS (NL, nForce)

Recently, I downgraded to a 512MB KVM VPS, and I was transferred to another node. I use it as my main VPS (LEMP + mailserver + OpenVPN). I'm back to getting great speeds:

http://i.imgur.com/EMP4FTP

Here's the combined 1GB KVM VPS + 512MB KVM VPS uptime & network speeds for the last month. I rebooted yesterday, so don't mind the uptime:

Imgur

Conclusion

I came to INIZ for a high-RAM plan, and I ended up staying as a faithful customer!

Patrick and his associate run a solid show together. The highlights of INIZ are their great network speeds (at least from their Amsterdam location) as well as their fast and available support. The I/O might be slow from time to time although it hasn't been an issue for me since I don't use services that heavily rely on I/O.

I have yet to try their new NY location, though it seems pretty promising.

All around, INIZ is a great provider - I can't complain. Try them out ;)

Thanked by 3badpatrick Patrick Lee

Comments