Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommendation for a VPN or proxy or small VPS with Romanian IPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recommendation for a VPN or proxy or small VPS with Romanian IPs?

rds100rds100 Member
edited April 2014 in Requests

A friend of mine wants to access some online gambling sites, which are blocked in our country.
So he asked me to find him a solution with Romanian IPs.

Any recommendation for a cheap VPN or proxy service which has Romanian IPs? Failing that, a small VPS could work, although he wouldn't know how to set it up and would bother me with it, that's why i prefer to find him a ready VPN :) Not much traffic would be needed. And TOR would be an overkill for his use, it'd be better to use "normal", paid VPN.

"no logs" and such bullshit is not necessary, it's not illegal to gamble online.

Comments

• Since log is not an issue with your friend, maybe he/she can try http://vpngate.net/ Find a server there, setup a L2TP connection and you're done. You don't even need to download their software.

The top Japanese server is provided by the creator and doesn't change very often.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • A vpn provider like cyberghost or your-freedom can work?

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @halczy no Romania server there unfortunately :(

• WorldWorld Veteran

Maybe you can buy a VPS location in RO.

• @World i can, but he wouldn't know how to set it up, i'd have to set it up for him and he would call me every time something doesn't work, so this should be the last option :) If there is a ready VPN service, it would be better.

• WorldWorld Veteran

@rds100 said:
    World i can, but he wouldn't know how to set it up, i'd have to set it up for him and he would call me every time something doesn't work, so this should be the last option :) If there is a ready VPN service, it would be better.

ask @earthvpn @vpnarea

Thanked by 2rds100 vpnarea
  • If anyone knows a Romanian VPS, please let me know :)

• Free:
    http://www.vpnbook.com/
    Their EU servers are host with Voxility in Romania. You will need to login everyday to find the new password.

Paid:
    http://www.strongvpn.com/
    They have 1 server in Romania. StrongVPN is a pretty reputable provider.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

intovps

Thanked by 1rds100
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

@rds100

@0xdragon

https://vpn.ac/ - Can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • WorldWorld Veteran
    edited April 2014

@0xdragon said:
    If anyone knows a Romanian VPS, please let me know :)

@phase7 they are great!

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

@rds100 said:
    World i can, but he wouldn't know how to set it up, i'd have to set it up for him and he would call me every time something doesn't work, so this should be the last option :) If there is a ready VPN service, it would be better.

If you can't find a VPN provider in Romania, and that you decide to go for a VPS, use @Nyr's OpenVPN road warrior installer. It takes two minutes to set up, then there goes your fully working VPN.

I've been using it for over a month, and I haven't had to change a thing - my two VPNs run without a hitch. The only problem you could face is iptables which is a bit annoying, though everything is explained in this LEB guide by @mpkossen. Check the comments for OpenVZ VPS.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • ben78ben78 Member

World said: @phase7 they are great!

They are quite cheap.. how is the network? Is it possible to use tun/tap?
    If so, it can be your best option OP... phase7+Nyr's script...

:)

• @phaze7 just fine with unmetered BW, not trought Voxility, tun/tap enabled, also @lankapartnerhost have a cheap VPS in Romania location.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

i have couple of small unmetered vps in romania, let me know if you need some

• If he is gambling through a software application then you might wanna make sure you use a microsoft based vpn protocol like PPTP. OpenVPN uses a external adapter that software easily could bypass and still obtain your real IP! with pptp this won't happen because it reconfigures your main Ethernet adapter.

• @Mark_R said:
    If he is gambling through a software application then you might wanna make sure you use a microsoft based vpn protocol like PPTP. OpenVPN uses a external adapter that software easily could bypass and still obtain your real IP! with pptp this won't happen because it reconfigures your main Ethernet adapter.

L2TP, PPTP is already rendered insecure and liable to expose your IP Address to the real world.

• Exposing the real IP to the website shouldn't be a big concern.
    This is about bypassing a local government imposed block on certain websites.

• that is highly arguable.. but let's not hijack this thread.

• that is highly arguable.. but let's not hijack this thread.

Of course not, just mentioning it.

Why not petition vpn.sh to add it?

• @darknyan said:
    Why not petition vpn.sh to add it?

Because I rather setup my own vpn servers for maximum 24/7 performance and ofcourse to make sure that the logs are disabled server-side.

/topic