Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions on Vultr snapshot support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Questions on Vultr snapshot support

I'm considering setting up a new project on Vultr VPSes but I need some information about their snapshot/restore functionality. I contacted Vultr support and was told "We are currently not advertising snapshots as an available feature since our snapshot system is currently in development with an anticipate release in late April or early May."

I've heard elsewhere, however, that they do currently have snapshot functionality. Can anyone currently using them tell me:

Is there a charge for making or storing snapshots?

Are snapshots and restores working at all datacenter locations?

Can I take a snapshot of an instance at one location and then restore that snapshot to an instance at another location?

Thanks!

Comments

• Damn. Guess I'll have to use someone else until they implement it then.

While I'm at it, does anyone know what the functional difference is between their "primary" locations and their other locations?

• If we ask @DaveA then he'll probably give us an ETA

• AdducAdduc Member

You could use Docker in a XEN, KVM (just about anything but OpenVZ) environment for snapshot support. It allows committing the changes to a file system very quickly.

• DaveADaveA Member

End of the month for snapshot support. On another note, secondary and tertiary IP support per instance is now available (currently limited to 3 per VM).

• Some ETA for a private network between instances?

• DaveADaveA Member

@nekrox - On or before May 15th.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Now that you are here... ;-)
    Any idea when Frankfurt will become available again?
    Thanks in advance!

• @daveA thanks!!! some more features which it is coming soon?