Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reversehosts - Support, very slow
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reversehosts - Support, very slow

I ordered a VPS, there a few days, but I still can not use:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/523912#Comment_523912

I opened a ticket there 24 hours.

I do not have an answer!

Comments

• They're usually pretty good about tickets, I've had a lot of downtime with them recently but it seems to be all cleared up now.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Ask them to change your IP.

• Its run by 2 people so you wont get a fast reply.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@rahulks said:
    Its run by 2 people so you wont get a fast reply.

Wut, one man shows can give fast replies, until recently Hostigation was and Tim was always fast.

• I am very angry!

I bought several VPS from other companies (RamNode, NodeServer ...). The support is very fast.

In reversehosts, the support is very slow.

The problem is not solved, here's the answer I got:

IP tables is definitely running on your VPS. Can you please try this again for me?

For over 24 hours I responded, and I still do not have an answer!

• OMG 24 HOURS I DEMAND PAYPAL DISPUTE AND LMAO FORWARDING!

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • halczyhalczy Member
    edited April 2014

@comeback

What OS are you using? Did you wait for your VPS to reboot between turning on TUN/TAP and PPP? Sometimes when you turn on both of them at the same time, it causes the error that you are describing.

Last time I sent in a ticket asking them to switch me to another node. I think it was done in less than 5 hours, which I consider is pretty fast.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

@comeback said:

The problem is not solved, here's the answer I got:

For over 24 hours I responded, and I still do not have an answer!

Virtually every host I've used struggles with this; I've started using it as a test for support.

In this instance you've asked the wrong question - you asked if IPTables was running, but the trouble is 'iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)' does not mean IPTables isn't running, it means there are specific modules needed for OpenVPN-AS that aren't loaded on your node.

So you actually got the correct answer to your query, you just didn't ask the right question.

What you need to do is ask for the following modules to be enabled on the node:

• modprobe ipt_mark
    • modprobe ipt_MARK
    • modprobe tun

Reference here if needed : http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/docs/admin-guides/186-how-to-run-access-server-on-a-vps-container.html

• I misspoke.

Before ordering the VPS, I asked if I could install OpenVPN:

Here is the answer:

Yes TUN/TAP is available. OpenVPN is allowed.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/523912/#Comment_523912

@0xdragon said:
    OMG 24 HOURS I DEMAND PAYPAL DISPUTE AND LMAO FORWARDING!

I received my VPS on April 8, it took two days to respond to my ticket:

IP tables is definitely running on your VPS. Can you please try this again for me?

I replied that it did not work. After three days, ReverseHosts had not responded ...

I am not a person who likes to complain about (see my old posts).

I asked for a refund ReverseHosts.

Today I am repaid.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

OpenVPN and OpenVPN-AS are not the same thing. OpenVPN would likely have installed flawlessly on your VPS, whereas OpenVPN-AS has a number of dependencies at node level as previously mentioned.

Again, your undoing was not accurately describing the issue to the provider. Yes, three days without a ticket reply is unusually long, but if you'd have actually described the issue correctly they may have solved the problem before that. There's a chance you had no reply simply because they were still trying to work out what your problem was.

Congrats on your refund.