Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad experience with Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC, not even a 2 weeks maximumvps review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad experience with Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC, not even a 2 weeks maximumvps review

namhuynamhuy Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews

I got a really nice deal from @Maximum_VPS Maximum VPS http://maximumvps.net/ which I found from LET offer section http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23968/new-location-special-jax-fl-kvm-4-core-1gb-ram-40gb-hdd-4-ipv4-3-50-m-more-ipv6-1-gbps/p1

It's a 1gb ram KVM for $3.5. It was out of stock when I order, but Tim C was nice enough to give me a spot. I guess it's an overselled node so everything (cpu/network/io) is slow, It's not a big deal since I bought it for testing only. Tim C was nice at beginning to let me have that plan, after few complains about slow io (windows 7 pro update at around mid night time, took like hours for few windows updates). Tim C replied says that because windows 7 runs on native linux node, and advise me to run cpu-intensive task at non high-usage time. I were updating at mid-night US Pacific time.

So I gave up running Windows 7, and running centos today. I were installing and testing nginx the whole night today, suddently I can't access ssh, kvm solus tab still opens on my firefox. After refresh solus I can't access it anymore. I found out my accoune was cancelled when I login Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC billing page. Few moment later I got cancelled/refunded email.

I'm not happy since he cancelled my account without valid reason, I opened a ticket asking for reason, Tim C replied me with "http://maximumvps.net/clients/tos.php section (v) & (vi) " which are payment and Indemnification ??? I paid him the moment I got his invoice. To be honest he was nice at beginning to let me in, set me up an account, and helped my to correct cpu cores problem. That vps mostly idle, I did not abuse cpu/memory/network/io whatsoever. I feel like he is not happy after few complaints about slow io and network drops from me, and he decided to cancelled my account without legit reasons. BTW he is also deleted ticket 710310 which contain my vps login and complaints.

I know I got refunded, but still feel not good since I have not done anything wrong! I had the kvm less than 2 weeks. Really not happy to get account cancelled while I'm working on nginx setup which I spent hours tonight, everything is gone without notice!

Update: ticket #513246 has been close without answer when I told him I paid right after I get invoice, I want real reason why cancelled my account and deleted ticket #710310.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

If you broke the TOS, most providers wouldn't refund you.. but there is always two sides to the story, I'll heat the popcorn whilst we wait for Tim.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @ATHK - I guess I do the same.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited April 2014

Clarification On TOS, 4. Termination section (v) & (vi).

@ATHK Put DOWN the popcorn as there will be no entertainment from me in this thread :P, nor will I be entertaining the OP any further.

• @Maximum_VPS - Please refund my popcorn. I can clearly see this in your terms of service.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • Well, it's good that Maximum_VPS give a refund. Last time I'm using Windows in a HVM, the provider suspended my vps with a reason abusing the 24cores. While it's an automatic update at 3AM. :)

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

I have nothing to gain from writing this review. Tim/Maximumvps cancelled my account without any legit reason. If Tim/Maximumvps think I am an abuser, please let me know when/how!? I still don't have the answer from Tim/Maximumvps for deleting ticket #710310.

I don't buy what I don't need, i bought your vps for testing/developing purpose, I have no reason to abuse to being kicked out like this. I know what I'm doing. I don't think Tim/Maximumvps treat me rightful. If Tim/Maximumvps can convince me I'm an abuser as in his eyes, I'm willing to pay him back his refund.

• ATHKATHK Member

LowEND said: I guess I do the same.

YAY

Maximum_VPS said: Put DOWN the popcorn as there will be no entertainment from me in this thread :P, nor will I be entertaining the OP any further.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (fixed a spelling mistake for ya) :)

@namhuy you got a refund, you got to "test" the server for at least some period of time. I don't know what happened, I don't know if you abused it or not so I can't comment, just move on and be happy you actually got your money back.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@ATHK, what I have done so far on that KVM: I believe I install/reinstall Windows 2-3 times at different day/time (mostly mid night Pacific time). I also tried to install Linux Mint with GUI but but it's too slow to do anything. Finally today I installed centos to install/configure nginx/php/mysql but I have not finished yet. Maximumvps cancelled my account while I was trying to configure nginx.

As I mentioned before, that VPS is idle most of the time. I don't run anything to abuse cpu/memory/io intentional or unintentional.

I don't get any benefit from writing bad reviews, I am exercising freedom of speech, I'm simple sharing my experience/thought about Maximumvps service. I strongly believe I don't deserve to be treated like this.

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@namhuy I'm a little slow, so help me to understand.

How much of a providers time should $3.50 a month buy you?

In addition to the 1GB VPS with four IPv4 that is...

NOTE: I am a @Maximum_VPS customer and Tim has provided fast friendly support the few times I have made requests.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

The point is, my vps was cancelled without legit reason, one ticket was being deleted without explanation. I know it's a good deal, but a deal is a deal, shouldn't I get for what I paid for?

I think he was mad after I reply to the ticket, he deleted the ticket and cancelled the vps.

He was very nice, friendly and helpful to fix the vps's cpu at first, but later on the io has been extremely slow to I ask him to look at the io for me on the ticket few times but I was being ignored.

I really don't understand why it's end up like this. Hey it's a good deal, I do not want to burn it, no reason for me to burn it.

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited April 2014

actually i feel good with @Maximum_VPS till now, i also have some tickets with them complain about the network connectivity, but everything is OK.
    maybe you said some bad words or complain too much in the ticket?
    what is the TOS, 4. Termination section (v) & (vi):

(v) Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC determines in its sole discretion that Customer engages in any business or conduct which is unethical, illegal or could subject Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC to liability, embarrassment or cause damage to Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC.s business or reputation

(vi) Customer exhibits abusive behavior towards Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC representatives via phone or online communication. Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC determines in its sole discretion what behavior is considered abusive and subject to immediate termination. In such events listed above Maximum Virtual Private Servers LLC shall have no obligation to refund any funds paid in advance by customer.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@yywudi if I remember correctly, i complaint about slow io for 2-3 times on only one ticket #710310, I was professional all the time, no bad words at all. That ticket had been deleted by Tim/Maximumvps. I do have part of the ticket in my email, for some reason some new replies won't go to my email.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@namhuy said: it's a good deal, but a deal is a deal, shouldn't I get for what I paid for?

To keep an ongoing (month to month) deal going it has to be beneficial to both parties. Tim did you a solid by refunding you when he decided it was not as good a deal for him as it was for you.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • The problem is, according to Tim/Maximumvps I broke his TOS/AUP, which I did not. Tim/Maximumvps also deleted ticket #710310 which contains most of our conversations. I only have 3 tickets, two before vps was cancelled, third was to ask why my vps was cancelled.

As of now seems like Tim/Maximumvps deleted my account to login to Client Area.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@namhuy

Based on your version of events and the cancellation reason provided, I would surmise that you (intentionally or not) were rude and/or abusive to the provider in your ticket.

Assuming that this was unintentional (perhaps due to a language barrier or other misunderstanding), could you re-post the text of your ticket, if you kept it? I don't mean a paraphrased version, but the verbatim text.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki I just looked over all of my emails for ticket 710310 which is the first ticket and longest. Most emails from 03/26-03/27 which is the day I got my vps login, all helpful reply from TIM.

Still ticket 710310, the emails I get aren't everything in the ticket. I got his reply after few complaints from about very slow windows update

Windows on a native Linux system, not only is a licensing issue itself, but causes many issues for the node in a shared resource situation, please let your unnatural usage play out in a non HIGH usage time. 

Second ticket 350718 from me since i get this error often when I try to boot/reboot vps: An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later‏.
    His reply

Hit and run abuse maybe :/

Third and last ticket 513246 to ask him why cancelled my account and why delete ticket 710310

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I thought I have lots more conversation in emails but after looking over, it turns out mostly auto email says tickets will be close after 24 hours.

As I wrote above, Tim/Maximumvps cancelled my vps account and deleted ticket 710310 which has most of our conversations long before delete my billing account.

Everything was so sudden, I was configuring nginx in ssh session, the ssh connection dropped, then I went to solus to check if vps is online or not (solus was in firefox tab), I was actively working on my nginx setup. Then I found I could not use solus anymore. Billing area says that my vps is cancelled and one ticket is missing. I did not see this coming. I could not take any screenshot of ticket 710310

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Without your messages, it doesn't really leave us anywhere unfortunately.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

Tim/Maximumvps deleted ticket 710310 at the same time he cancelled my vps I believe. He then deleted my billing account hours after that. There were two tickets at the beginning, he deleted 710310 very first, and left the another one until he deleted my whole account.

I have nothing to hide, he deleted that ticket so fast so I could not do anything :( perhaps Tim/ @Maximum_VPS has a copy of it and willing to post it here?

• @namhuy - let it go. move on. stop bleating.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • A bit off topic, but is running Windows really hurts the node?

• akzakz Member

i previously got the same offer form Maximum_VPS for a trial KVM when I had never purchased or used KVM before. He was helpful and answered alot of my noob questions. the I/O was a bit slow however they were having network issues at the time of but for me to test and play around it was fine with me and he was extremely responsive.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • No clarification by vps provider?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@roykem said:
    No clarification by vps provider?

He's already said that he's not commenting further;

• said: ... and he decided to cancelled my account without legit reasons.

This is usual thing here, be shure.
    Also had a worst expereince with this too narcissistic Tim.

namhuy said: I strongly believe I don't deserve to be treated like this.

But Tim believe, that he can do what he want and treat you like shit if he want.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Inglar Given your aggressive tone, did you get your VPS suspended, then get kicked for being angry in tickets?

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Good experience of them for me, the host left a good impression and helped me out with my first KVM and highlighted the differences between it and openvz.

He refunded you, which is very fair particularly if you crossed the line regarding the ToS. Obviously he has a reason for thinking he's better off doing that. Unfortunately it means you wasted 20-30 minutes signing up setting up the server to your liking but it is what it is.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • iSkyiSky Member

I thought @Maximum_VPS is have a good reputation, i dont think there something they gonna do to CUSTOMER, also they did refund you although other provider even kick you out just because one comment at here :D

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • @iSky I did not comment about them. I stand my ground, I believe I did not cross any line. I'm just an typical user who want to enjoy his vps for testing/learning purpose. Few complaints about slow vps in ticket are too much for being kicked?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@namhuy said:
    iSky I did not comment about them. I stand my ground, I believe I did not cross any line. I'm just an typical user who want to enjoy his vps for testing/learning purpose. Few complaints about slow vps in ticket are too much for being kicked?

Depends how you complained I guess. It's your word against his now as there's no evidence, so it's not really worth discussing further.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki @Maximum_VPS is the one deleted the ticket without any notice, and he is not willing to comment here, nothing much I can do. I'm open for any further discussion here. I do want to know his point of view.