Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS-Host | 256 MB RAM | 1 Gbps Uplink | DDoS Protected | Canada | 24/7 Ticket and Live Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS-Host | 256 MB RAM | 1 Gbps Uplink | DDoS Protected | Canada | 24/7 Ticket and Live Support

W3HostW3Host Member
edited April 2014 in Offers

DDoS-Host

At DDoS-Host, we specialize in DDoS protection in web services. Our servers are located in Canada in the OVH BHS datacenter. We run the best hardware and software. We are strongly against overselling. We provide 24/7 Ticket and Live Chat support in order to make sure that your services are running as they should be.

VPS 1

25 GB Disk Space

Unlimited Bandwidth

256 MB RAM

1 Gbps Uplink

SolusVM Control Panel

OpenVZ

480 Gbps/480Mpps DDoS protection

Order Now - $4.49 per month

We also sell other services on our website.

Click here to go to our website.

Contact live support now if you have any questions.

Comments

• Moved from Reviews to Offers.

Thanked by 2Sander W3Host
  • W3HostW3Host Member
    edited April 2014

@Spirit said:
    Moved from Reviews to Offers.

Must have miss clicked on the drop down - sorry!

• said: We are strongly against overselling.

And that's the reason why we won't be deploying any services on your nodes. Every host oversells to an extent - those who claim they don't are lying.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

True and false, on our part we try to not oversell. When we see for example the node 1 became to much occupied or stress, be migrate user to another node. We try not to oversell, but sometime is happen, but we make sure there is not customer impact.

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited April 2014

I disagree with both of the things you just said. I don't oversell full stop. I don't need to oversell to make profit - end of. Secondly, obviously I am deploying services on my nodes else I wouldn't be here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

From your site:

Um...

• @raindog308 said:
    From your site:

Um...

What's your point?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Um, "level 7 attack"? Do you mean layer 7? And why do you say this is the "highest"?

Do you really think that PHP requests are the most common DDOS?!?

Also:

The biggest DDOS on record is 400Gbps. Can you really protect me from that for $2.49/month?

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited April 2014

@raindog308 said:
    Um, "level 7 attack"? Do you mean layer 7? And why do you say this is the "highest"?

Also:

The biggest DDOS on record is 400Gbps. Can you really protect me from that for $2.49/month?

That page is copied directly from OVH's DDoS protection page seems as we are using their protection. It even had the OVH logo at the bottom. If that's incorrect then I'd take that up with OVH.

Also, if you feel you can generate such large attacks, feel free to purchase a plan and try it, then you can feedback.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

@raindog308 said:

Also:

CloudFlare loves spewing out numbers not that they probably didn't get hit with that much but you're looking at 8 Gbps max as everything is saturated.

@DDoSHost said:
    Also, if you feel you can generate such large attacks, feel free to purchase a plan and try it, then you can feedback.

By the way, take it from an old script maker OVH does not have L7 protection, all they do on the hostimg services is limit per IP.

• @Cakey said:

As I said, it's copied from OVH's DDoS protection page. I believe that they do protect what they say that they do from previous experience.

• CakeyCakey Member

DDoSHost said: As I said, it's copied from OVH's DDoS protection page. I believe that they do protect what they say that they do from previous experience.

Yea well glws on that part, even RUDY takes OVH straight down as they never finished their L7 protection.

• @Cakey said:
    Yea well glws on that part, even RUDY takes OVH straight down as they never finished their L7 protection.

I'm yet to experience this. Thanks for the well wishes.

• CakeyCakey Member

@DDoSHost said:
    I'm yet to experience this. Thanks for the well wishes.

Well RUDY isn't exactly hard to stop but you're going to need more than just OVH to stop things like Wordpresses XMLRPC, botnets etc if you want to call your hosting actually "DDoS" protected other than just reselling Ovh lies.

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    Well RUDY isn't exactly hard to stop but you're going to need more than just OVH to stop things like Wordpresses XMLRPC, botnets etc if you want to call your hosting actually "DDoS" protected other than just reselling Ovh lies.

As I've said, I think the protection works as it says it does. I am entitled to an opinion, as is everybody else. Thanks for your input.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:

http://www.tilera.com/about_tilera/press-releases/ovh-customers-benefiting-integrated-anti-ddos-service-protection-against

I´m pretty sure OVH is more than capable of mitigating attacks, as they have worked together with both Tilera and Arbor Networks to construct this which are very popular and known names in the industry. You can read more about their protection here.

• CakeyCakey Member

@Floris said:
    I´m pretty sure OVH is more than capable of mitigating attacks, as they have worked together with both Tilera and Arbor Networks to construct this which are very popular and known names in the industry. You can read more about their protection here.

Heh, no.
    One thing is reading about it another is seeing it in action.

Also W3Host here is a huge multi on forums like mine who makes accounts to advert his new stuff and find nulled software and it's a HF host <.<

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    Also W3Host here is a huge multi on forums like mine who makes accounts to advert his new stuff and find nulled software and it's a HF host <.<

I´ve in fact seen it in action, they resisted those NTP attacks pretty good, 140Gbps worldwide was on their network. But I must agree, HackerForums is not a location you´d want to go with your advertisements, It´s generally more trouble than good. OVH does the job for us, and our costumers, we had no complaints about it so far.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

@Floris said:

Again, NTP monlists are using udp, Ovh is weak to Layer 7 and TCP like I've quoted many times.

And it's not that it's from Hack(er)forums, it's that he's fully from there and comes to other forums to find people he can use to get money to buy licenses [image url with personal skype address removed on request]

Sure Ovh is good with the udp protection but they're not fully protected.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@Cakey said:
    Sure Ovh is good with the udp protection but they're not fully protected.

Yeah, it may be weak at some points, but then again, what do you expect from a $5 box? It's great for the price you'd be paying, If you want good Layer7 and TCP Protection, pay for it, It'd be bloody expensive.

• CakeyCakey Member

@Floris said:
    Yeah, it may be weak at some points, but then again, what do you expect from a $5 box? It's great for the price you'd be paying, If you want good Layer7 and TCP Protection, pay for it, It'd be bloody expensive.

Ehm, I'm just listing what he wrote on the site.

This discussion has been closed.