Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are so many peoples here in LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why are so many peoples here in LET?

Why are so many users here in LET that are always buying VPS every where, what is the purpose?

Comments

• Development, Professional Practice, etc.

• (just kidding) Because there are too many jews in the world.

• @Abydon said:
    Development, Professional Practice, etc.

I guess im new in this area, and i don't understand the people buy VPS all over the world just to play with them, Is that your case?

• CoreyCorey Member

@UltranetUSA said:
    I guess im new in this area, and i don't understand the people buy VPS all over the world just to play with them, Is that your case?

I'm guessing a lot of people here are developers and/or need to use the container as a VPN. Sometimes it is useful to have vpn's in different parts of the world because certain sites restrict access by geoip location.

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • UltranetUSA said: i don't understand the people buy VPS all over the world just to play with them

http://lowendbox.com/blog/5-reasons-why-you-want-a-low-end-box/

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • emreemre Member, LIR

I am so rich. So much money I got. I got 2 bugatti veyron. 3 plane and 1 yacht 123 Meter long. traveled all around the world in 80 days , yes 3 times. I am the first space tourist to visit the hidden nazi complex in dark side of the moon..

SO much money I got. Nowhere else to spend. In other words I am so lonely sitting in front of my computer all day and night long. Want to have so Much IPS all around the world and ay yay yaaa...,.,.,.

• emreemre Member, LIR

emre said: Want to have so Much IPS all around the world and ay yay yaaa...,.,.,.

Going to watch VIKINGS s02 E06.. Call me RAGNAR will you ? That's why I collect VPS's :D

• Just for wasting my money and let the vps iddle to waste the provider resources

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • Ok that answer like 49% of my ?

• AbydonAbydon Member
    edited April 2014

@UltranetUSA said:

I make more than most households [not individuals] in the US. Practicing being a programmer is a good and enjoyable investment of my time and use LEBs costs me <$20 a month for that purpose generally. Seems like a good investment against my primary income.

It is difficult to test multi-datacenter replication, etc without multiple datacenters to work with.

• @emre said:
    I am so rich. So much money I got. I got 2 bugatti veyron. 3 plane and 1 yacht 123 Meter long. traveled all around the world in 80 days , yes 3 times. I am the first space tourist to visit the hidden nazi complex in dark side of the moon..

SO much money I got. Nowhere else to spend. In other words I am so lonely sitting in front of my computer all day and night long. Want to have so Much IPS all around the world and ay yay yaaa...,.,.,.

Hey your father is looking for you!! he need the computer to do real work, and also he said that he needs a new keyboard because the old one is very white and sticky :))

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

LET, It's like Hotel California.

You can checkout, but you can never leave."

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Abydon said:
    It is difficult to test multi-datacenter replication, etc without multiple datacenters to work with.

I hire a programer he make me a Medical software that cost 100k plus $900 a month for support, and that guy just had a classroom pc without internet, VPS for programing ?

• UltranetUSA said: i don't understand the people buy VPS all over the world just to play with them

I've had few VPSes in 'exotic' locations, sometimes with a purpose, sometimes not. There is novelty in being able to sit in your living room and run systems all over the world.

• CoreyCorey Member

@UltranetUSA said:
    I hire a programer he make me a Medical software that cost 100k plus $900 a month for support, and that guy just had a classroom pc without internet, VPS for programing ?

Your medical software wasn't multidatacenter replicated....

• souensouen Member

Multiple failover/backups, VPN to watch geo-restricted content (e.g. Netflix/US, BBC/UK), faster speeds for customers in different regions, repository mirrors, multiple TOR nodes, developer testing different server configurations ... and so on.

• @UltranetUSA said:

That isn't equivalent. I don't think you understand the problem domain that interests me [e.g. Multiple locations hundreds/thousands of miles apart and coordinating data/tasks between them]

• There is some force of attraction here.Once i visited this place there is no way back.So i cannot leave LET that's why i am here.Also LET is best community i ever visited.No other community delivered me so much fun,information and entertainment all together.

• It's a great place for everyone to hang around regardless of the intention to buy VPS etc.

• to buy cheap hosting and see what the kids are up to nowadays.

• emreemre Member, LIR

UltranetUSA said: Hey your father is looking for you!! he need the computer to do real work, and also he said that he needs a new keyboard because the old one is very white and sticky :))

hehe.. My father died 19 years ago. When I was 22.. Sad So sad.. But he did got a typewriter. I still have it. Sometimes between 2-3 years I pull it out from the place I hide it. And type... Click Click Click DRIING.. The ring At the end of the line. So Much Love/./

That's why I bought a mechanical keyboard. And It's full black.,. Who needs leeters when you can have $5 Vps's All around.

Thanked by 2UltranetUSA Lee
  • souensouen Member

Initially read the post as why there are many people on LET (buying multiple vps).

Dropping by to read the news and offers, comment a bit and maybe learn something new. I've found some cool utilities from the threads here that I hadn't heard of before, which has made running a vps more ... enjoyable, if that made any sense, lol?

• Thanks all for your feedbacks i almost got 99% of my ?

• It's a cool place to hang around + offer VPS to people.

• @UltranetUSA said:

I doubt he only "had a classroom pc without internet" :D I don't think there are any 'real' programmers who don't have internet :)

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@gutshotz - yes, there are :)

• @gbshouse said:
    gutshotz - yes, there are :)

Without internet access? And charging 100K plus $900/mth, wow :)

I assume he meant without any knowledge of Internet/Network programming :)

• Great hobby, learn a lot here. I had a college instructor that preached "fail fast, fail cheap" and I'm able to do that with these small servers here at LET. Also this community also has a community.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @emre said:

Acun Ilıcalı or Ali Ağaoğlu

• @gutshotz said:
    I doubt he only "had a classroom pc without internet" :D I don't think there are any 'real' programmers who don't have internet :)
    @gutshotz said:

To Program in HTML5 you don't need internet!!!