Minecraft Servers. A bunch of questions!
Hey guys.. planning on setting up a minecraft server, but got a few questions which you may be able to help me with :).
Here's some information on what services I currently have:
BuyVM 256/512mb OpenVZ BuyVM 512/1024mb OpenVZ ChicagoVPS 2048mb OpenVZ
My other VPS's would never in a million years be anywhere near good enough to run Minecraft.
Ok, to the questions:
- How significant is ping? All my VPS services are based in North America. I'm based in the UK.
- I understand that minecraft will run better on xen than OpenVZ. Without having to purchase a new VPS, how well will Minecraft run on my current services?
- What is CPU usage like? I have a provider in mind who could supply this on a xen box, so long a CPU usage isn't mega-high
- What is RAM usage like? For OpenVZ and Xen if at all possible guys.. looking at usually below 6 online users.. never more than 8
- How would a VPS compare to some of the ready-built minecraft providers?
Anything else I should know?
Cheers guys :)
VPN.sh - Secure and affordable VPN services