Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backup Solution for KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backup Solution for KVM

Hi all
Our non-profit Gaming Community has 6 dedicated servers, 4 of which are now running 30 to 40 KVM VPS & each vps runs 1 game server. The other 2 dedicated servers are also running games but they are non-virtualized. We recently have had a raid failure on one of those non-virtualized nodes but fortunately we had backups in tar.gz format so all servers were backup with a small downtime. The thing now is that we want to know about how to backup the KVM nodes in terms of each VM & also the node as a whole. So that in case of any raid filure or data loss we can get things back it up as soon as possible.We have an BK 8-T from OVH to backup the non-virtualized nodes & are willing to order more to backup KVM nodes

I request all to help especially the providers as they would more knowledgeable about this. I thank all of you in advance

Regards

Comments

• sc754sc754 Member

Could always buy the Hubic 10TB storage space for backups, only 10 euro a month. Just sign up and install the linux client. At least that's what I'd do, much cheaper than there backup servers

• If you want to stick with OVH, then get a BK-24T (for the 6x drive configuration mostly as IOPS are important for this), and install the R1Soft Enterprise Backup Server (now Idera Backup Manager) on it. You will require a license key for the amount of KVM VPS you will be backing up (ie 40 agent license key) and that's it. You can backup all servers, even in hourly intervals if you wish, to one centralised backup server.

You can restore any file or directory of a VPS from any recovery point with just a few clicks, from within the Idera Backup Manager.

Also, R1Soft offers you BMR (bare metal restore) which means you can restore a complete VPS (OS, files, settings, databases - everything) by booting it with the R1Soft Recovery Disk and restoring from the recovery point you want.

We've been using R1Soft for 2 years now and it has saved us many, many, many, many times! Worth every penny.

PM me for a quote for a R1Soft license if you're interested ;)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A