Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS Review (open for everyone)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS Review (open for everyone)

Can any one please share the following with us about Delimiter VPS:

1. Server Delivery Time (In days or week)?
  2. Server uptime
  3. Download and upload speed?
  4. Server type or model you ordered (like atom or xeon)?

Thank you.

Recommending Delimiter VPS
  1. Do you recommend Delimiter vps to your family and friend?46 votes
    1. Yes, very much
      36.96%
    2. No, Never
      39.13%
    3. Maybe, if they improve
      23.91%

Comments

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited March 2014

I can say I've had a good experience with them so far. Even had one of those lovely x5150's die and they replaced it within hours after they ran a full diagnostic check on it.

I can say though, I probably wouldn't run anything mission critical on the servers cause in the case it does go down from a hardware problem as it does take some time for them to get a new one up to you because they have to check it. I had mine go down over a weekend (Saturday) and didn't get a new one til Monday.

I've ordered the following:

2x X5150
    1x Atom

I've had anywhere from 10 minutes to a few days for delivery time. First X5150 was up and running within the specified three days and the other was about a week or so because of that massive snow storm in Atlanta. Literally 10 minutes for the Atom to be delivered.

Uptime has been good and I've never had a issue with it except for when one of the blades died.

Here is some speeds: http://i.imgur.com/rHVMIev.jpg

Thanked by 2MarkTurner SpeedBus
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

What @catalystium said 1+

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • mechxmechx Member
    edited March 2014

6 days waiting & counting since their last offer. So no, don't count on their 1-3days eta.

• @mechx said:
    6 days waiting & counting since their last offer. So no, don't count on their 1-3days eta.

Yes, me too waiting for the server... They are too slow...

• @Tajbyte said:
    Yes, me too waiting for the server... They are too slow...

I am sure they will give you a refund if you ask them. You can then buy a server elsewhere

• @Virtovo said:

Thing is not about getting refund or waiting... Thing is about customer service and promise u make to your customer... If u tell us in starting that we will give you server after 10 days we put that in mind... And not keep checking every other second hour for server email...

• @Tajbyte said:

When did you order? I see they quote the following

"Delivery for standard servers is 1-3 working days from order review."

• I ordered last wednesday... Night

• iSkyiSky Member

Server delivery ? a week ? are u kiddin me ? maybe a month or a half years. Now i got back refund but in credit WTF..... going to dispute this

• @tajbyte @mechx - when did you actually order your server?

• @isky - Delimiter doesn't issue credits, you either have a server or you have a refund. There is no middle ground

• @tajbyte - I see you have already mentioned that above - you ordered Wednesday, so it would be reviewed until Thursday. Were there any queries on your order?

Assuming it sailed through then you should expect delivery Tuesday, its still Tuesday in Atlanta so its ON TIME

• @MarkTurner said:
    tajbyte - I see you have already mentioned that above - you ordered Wednesday, so it would be reviewed until Thursday. Were there any queries on your order?

Assuming it sailed through then you should expect delivery Tuesday, its still Tuesday in Atlanta so its ON TIME

Let hope to get it today... Yes, i noticed it is 8PM Tuesday in Atlanta and it is 3AM Wednesday here... :)

• You didn't address the point - were there any issues raised on your order? If there are, then this timeline doesn't apply

• @MarkTurner said:
    You didn't address the point - were there any issues raised on your order? If there are, then this timeline doesn't apply

They mark my order as inaccurate contact details then i raised the ticket and they promise to deliver it by tuesday...

• I doubt you'll get it today then, they would have re-reviewed the order the next day. PM me the email that you ordered with and I'll try to find out.

• markmark Member

I had my first VPS with them back in 2010. Suddenly went offline one day in September 2010, their excuse was that a VPS on my node (not mine) was either being DDoSed or sending spam - they couldn't make up their minds.

Their solution was to just power down the node. No graceful shutdown, no simple unplugging of the network cable - just switched it off. They admitted this in an eventual update e-mail.

As a result the node's file system was corrupted and every VM unrecoverable. I left Delimiter.us as quickly as possible having learnt a valuable lesson in making backups...

• @Mark - which location was that in? I expect it was when Delimiter used third party datacentres. This is why we don't do it anymore.

• @tajbyte - According to Steve you have again supplied false information which they cannot verify. Your order is back on hold. You need to supply a valid address - the address they are looking for is an address they can send you a Fedex or postal notice to and it will get delivered. You can't right:

Tajbyte
    London
    UK

Chances are close to 100% it wont get there.

If you can't/won't provide then I suggest you tell them to cancel your order. It will NOT be processed.

• markmark Member

@MarkTurner This was in London. VPS was deployed in May 2010, and I'm sure a lot has changed since then. The IP address of the VPS I had back then now belongs to 'Telecom Italia Mobile' so I assume it was a third party datacentre's IP space.

• @mark - this is why companies need to own their datacentre, not rent space from someone else or in some case rent space/servers from someone who rents from the datacentre or worse add another layer. Delimiter handled its growth in the early days through renting servers or rackspace in third party locations.

Always a mistake! Its like being a guest in someone's house - you have to live by their rules. This specific site where these servers is going into is our site, we hold a 20 year lease the facility directly with the building owner. Its our name on the door so our rules in side, so we're not going to suddenly find one of the resellers between us the landlord has gone bust or some drama like that.

• @MarkTurner said:
    tajbyte - According to Steve you have again supplied false information which they cannot verify. Your order is back on hold. You need to supply a valid address - the address they are looking for is an address they can send you a Fedex or postal notice to and it will get delivered. You can't right:

Tajbyte
    London
    UK

Chances are close to 100% it wont get there.

If you can't/won't provide then I suggest you tell them to cancel your order. It will NOT be processed.

Nice after 6 days they want to confirm my details... Why do not just confirm that from the first day...

• @Tajbyte - you were notified within 24 hours that your information was invalid. You also confirmed this above.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - you were notified within 24 hours that your information was invalid. You also confirmed this above.

Yes after that i updated it and opened the ticket that i update contact details is it ok? No one replied...

By the way right now i updated my details to the fedex address or postal address...

Kindly check now with steve..

• @Tajbyte - They'll see the update tomorrow and re-review the account. You should check in around lunchtime (GMT+0) with Billing to confirm they've released your order

• @MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - They'll see the update tomorrow and re-review the account. You should check in around lunchtime (GMT+0) with Billing to confirm they've released your order

And after that how many days it need to delivery...? 3-7 days?

• @Tajbyte - once your order is accepted then their normal timeline applies 1-3 working days. You can ask them tomorrow to confirm that the order is accepted then ask them to confirm that it will be delivered within 1-3 working days (Remember Sat/Sun is a holiday)

• @MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - once your order is accepted then their normal timeline applies 1-3 working days. You can ask them tomorrow to confirm that the order is accepted then ask them to confirm that it will be delivered within 1-3 working days (Remember Sat/Sun is a holiday)

Can you please explain mr. Mark that when i asked delimiter support that when will be my server ready on 22nd of this month they tell me

"Your order was received on 19th, accepted on 20th, three working days from then is Tuesday.

Brian T"

Join us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/delimitervps

• @Tajbyte - I don't work there, I work their parent company.

This is a question for their billing team. Every order Delimiter receives, they review by hand, given your location they would have sent a request to our office in the same country and asked them to validate the address. Potentially their first review passed, then they were told later on that the address is wrong.

I am just conjecturing, I don't have access to the data to be able to see what went on behind the scenes.

• edanedan Member

I am recommend them if you need cheap and stable dedibox, I have two box with them so far, first order provisioned in 2 weeks about a month ago, since I really like it than a week ago (3/20) I snap the same specs (HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB, 2 IP4) and provisioned today (3/26), I paid annually for both.

Be patient, that's the key.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner