Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backup VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Backup VPS

GunterGunter Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

Since Backupsy doesn't have an active $7 US offer and CloudShards only offers 320MB RAM (which I feel is going to be a tight fit on a KVM) I'm really keen on setting up backup soon, I'm looking for a Backup VPS with the following specifications:

KVM
512MB (preferably 768MB/1GB) RAM
~525GB RAID10/RAID 50 storage
1 vCPU
~2TB Monthly Bandwidth Transfer
1 IPv4 (preferably with native IPv6 too)
1 Gbit Shared Port
~$7/month

Comments

• Contact us for specials on adding more ram.

• said: I'm looking for a Backup VPS

I have it

• PwnerPwner Member

@darknyan said:
    Since Backupsy doesn't have an active $7 US offer and CloudShards only offers 320MB RAM (which I feel is going to be a tight fit on a KVM) I'm really keen on setting up backup soon, I'm looking for a Backup VPS with the following specifications:

KVM
    512MB (preferably 768MB/1GB) RAM
    ~525GB RAID10/RAID 50 storage
    1 vCPU
    ~2TB Monthly Bandwidth Transfer
    1 IPv4 (preferably with native IPv6 too)
    1 Gbit Shared Port
    ~$7/month

You feel that having 320MB of RAM on your KVM is a tight fit, but the specs you are requesting for a $7/month VPS isn't a tight fit at all?

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @Pwner said:
    You feel that having 320MB of RAM on your KVM is a tight fit, but the specs you are requesting for a $7/month VPS isn't a tight fit at all?

I've effectively just copied the majority of the Backupsy offer, with the only difference being a preference in higher RAM and 25GB more storage which isn't really a requirement.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited March 2014

I think I'll have to go with CloudShards. Concerto is a pretty cool guy and they have an outstanding reputation, which is important when my data comes to mind as it isn't a run of the mill thing. For me personally, this isn't a regular box, this is where a fair portion of my data will be kept, not a regular webserver/haproxy/ntp/dns/email/vpn combo.