Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexgen Appliances
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexgen Appliances

Has anyone here ever used Nexgen Appliances (https://nexgenappliances.com/en/). I do some consulting work for a church, and they need a web filter installed... I have used Untangled before, and I see Nexgen has a Untangled appliance.

Thoughts about them, or any other lower cost web filters?

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited March 2014

I've never used Nexgen Appliances, but I can swear by SonicWall when it comes to web filters.

• can you suggest a model of sonicwall? The last time I ran any sonicwall device was almost 10 years ago.

• PwnerPwner Member

@etcSudoers said:
    can you suggest a model of sonicwall? The last time I ran any sonicwall device was almost 10 years ago.

From my experiences, any SonicWall will do. I've used plenty of them over the years and they all get the job done.

• Hey this is Jim from Nexgen appliances. Sonicwall is certainly a worthy and widely used product. It's web filter is pretty decent and may work for your application. The solutions we sell have a higher granularity when it comes to the webfilter. I'm not going to try to talk you out of a sonicwall, as it is a nice product. However, Feel free to contact us for details on the things we support. There is special pricing for education and non profit groups available too. We're really friendly and don't bite.

I saw a bunch of hits in my seo report from this thread and couldn't help myself from chiming in. Have a great night!