Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

technology used by unblock-us.com and any open source package available to create my own?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

technology used by unblock-us.com and any open source package available to create my own?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member

I was under the impression that they are using OpenVPN set up but it seems they are actually using something less by just changing the nameserver in local PC:

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/809202

However as far as I know, simply setting up a recursive NS based in US won't actually help to identify the device as from US? Is that correct?

For those who don't know what Unblock-Us is, it is basically something that enables you to watch US Netflix with a non-US IP/location.

So what is the technology used and is there any open source package I can use to set up one for my personal use? I don't really like OpenVPN since I have devices on platforms that are not OpenVPN-ready yet and I am too lazy to connect and disconnect my OpenVPN all the time.

Comments