Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help. How to use cloudflare and ports to my domain in an ipv6 vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help. How to use cloudflare and ports to my domain in an ipv6 vps?

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited March 2014 in General

Hello all!
I am new to this ipv6 thing! :-P But I play with my les to learn some things.

I want to set up to my les a shoutcast or an icecast server. I don't have ipv6 connectivity to my home and I want to make this server publicly available in the world, via a domain.
Let's say, I use the domain myserver.tld
So, I setup this domain to a cloudflare account with aaaa protocol, and I can access my website hosted in my lowendspirit box fine!
Till here, all good! So, here's the question:
In normal vps's, if I use my domain (e.g. myserver.tld) with the streaming port, it works (e.g. http://www.myserver.tld:8000/live.mp3).
This doesn't work in my les box, configured with the cloudflare translation.
I can access a web page hosted in my les, but not use the streaming in the specific port.
A similar question (I think it reflects the same funcionality)
How can I access via ssh the server in port 22, using putty? Is it possible to use as address my domain with the port (e.g. myserver.tld:22)?
Yes, I know I can access it configuring my ssh server to listen to one of my ports in my NAT ipv4 address, but I want to use my domain in combination with cloudflare (or any other ipv6 to ipv4 system).
Any help, would be appreciated.

Comments

• NickMNickM Member

Cloudflare doesn't work like that. It doesn't redirect arbitrary ports to your VPS, only 80 (and I assume 443). It only works for HTTP(S) traffic.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

There's a great guide in the LES forums, why not take a look there first?

• MuZoMuZo Member

FTP, SSH, and Non-Web Protocols

Reading this you may wonder why we can't open ports like 20, 21, 22 and 23 to support protocols like FTP, SSH, Telnet, etc. Unfortunately, while this is an often-requested feature, the protocols don't support it. We know where to send traffic after it connects to CloudFlare's network based on a HOST header in web requests. Non-web protocols like the above don't include a HOST header. As a result, for these protocols we see the traffic connecting to our network and have no way to route it to the origin.

http://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-now-supporting-more-ports