Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Market Research : New location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Market Research : New location

We want feedback from the community on 2 locations for OpenVZ namely Netherlands & Ukraine. Your Feedback is appreciated.

New node location
  1. Which location would you prefer a OpenVZ VPS in?35 votes
    1. Ukraine
      54.29%
    2. Netherlands
        8.57%
    3. Other
      37.14%

Comments

• If there's any specific other location please comment.

• tchentchen Member

Japan

• Location which have low latency to asia

• India

• @tchen said:
    Japan

Too expensive.

• @rahulks said:
    India

I don't think we'd get a good and reliable deal in India, bandwidth is expensive.

• Stick to Dallas :p

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • BradBrad Member

More Australia is always nice :)

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • @concerto49 said:
    Stick to Dallas :p

Sure!

• awsonawson Member

@tchen said:
    Japan

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

Ukraine FTW!

• Australia. Ideally Sydney, but there is a fair amount of space in Melbourne & Brisbane too.

• Any unique location will get you a fair market share in the low end market.

• @darknyan said:

Thanks.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

Ukraine. Since I already have a VPS in NL.

• Thanks for all the feedback and votes, we've decided to go for Ukraine.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2014

@ultimatehostings said:
    Thanks for all the feedback and votes, we've decided to go for Ukraine.

Basing your decisions on a poll in which only 26 people voted is never a good idea.Hardly 10% of the end customers join the hosting forums & only a small percentage of them gives their opinion.

If I 'm not wrong you've been offering servers in Turkey, also take that experience into account while deciding about new or unusual locations.

Personally, I would recommend sticking with usual locations in Europe & America and try to outbeat your competitors by offering something superior & solid.

Well that was just my opinion, in the end you should do whatever you feel would be best for your business.

• @K2Bytes said:

I appreciate whatever you've just said, we do offer openvz in Turkey and it's going well and based on the business that was received adding an offshore location was one of the decisions that was taken to grow our business. It's not easy to compete with other established businesses which provide service out of EU/US so we decided to go with offshore locations as well as US ones such as Dallas.

BTW your opinion counts for us and is valuable feedback. Thanks!

• marcmmarcm Member

K2Bytes said: Basing your decisions on a people in which only 26 people voted is never a good idea.

@ultimatehostings I agree with that statement. Plus, countries in Europe are close enough together that location shouldn't be that sensitive, whether it's Ukraine or Switzerland for example. Network and hardware/performance are more important IMHO. Now if you would for example say Moscow, RU or Amsterdam, NL then I would say definitively Moscow :-)

• wychwych Member

Ukraine, NL already has a fair number of hosts.

• WorldWorld Veteran

I'd like to choose Ukraine.