Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used godday's storage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used godday's storage?

i want to try it. i hear they have direct links and unlimited download bandwidth.

Comments

• Use Godaddy.com for domains, their crappy hosting solutions is not worth paying for.

Thanked by 3Gunter soda Sander
  • LeeLee Veteran

Everyone is diving into the storage market these days. There are many I would use but I would steer clear of Godaddy to be honest, I say that based on not using that particular service but some of their others.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Everyone is diving into the storage market these days. There are many I would use but I would steer clear of Godaddy to be honest, I say that based on not using that particular service but some of their others.

whats wrong with godaddy?

• godaddy just dives into whatever is mainstream on the hosting market. i would recommend staying away from them and using some service dedicated to storage like dropbox, google drive or box.net

• LeeLee Veteran

I suppose nothing more than it's a big company trying to hard and not really getting anywhere. It was the domain registrar of it's time however it's jump into hosting in a much bigger way than it was has not been without more issues than most.

Poor support, very problematic hardware and having to pay a price that should not mean support or hardware issues has cost them dearly. I really can't see them making the ground back up. Not when you look around at what others are offering either for free or at least more reliable.

• W1V_Lee said: Poor support

It's a understatement. You have to wait 48 hours or more on a ticket, then 48 hours or more on the reply etc etc. A ticket can take a week or more to solve.
    You asked about advice in this thread, and all the advice you will get from almost anybody is stay away from Godaddy.com

Why will you use them? What specs do you need?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

As already said, better options;

Google Drive
    Copy.com
    Dropbox

Hell I would even recommend Skydrive over Godaddy.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Hell I would even recommend Skydrive over Godaddy.

Before I start storing backups there what's wrong with SkyDrive?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

To be honest nothing, but recommending any Microsoft product usually gets people here gasping for air :P

I actually like outlook.com for mail if it was not for the spam, it's just not controllable, well not that I find.

• tommytommy Member

W1V_Lee said: Hell I would even recommend Skydrive over Godaddy.

I prefer OneDrive ;)
    /

• @tommy said:

Do they have direct links?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

SkyDrive was renamed to OneDrive when Microsoft redid Office.com aka Office Online recently. I liked Sky better than One as far as naming but there were some legal problems they didn't want to deal with I guess. Silly because they are so big LOL.

Outlook.com/Hotmail.com is best free email for sure. Spam is manageable just don't type your email into every "win a free ipad" and "enlarge your manhood" ad you see!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • GD is worst for peoples exactly from outside US. Be prepared for various checks for validity your CC and upload ID copy to them :)

• I bought a godaddy storage for 2 years, and that was the biggest mistake ever... if you're planning to upload via ftp, you can only have 1 ftp connection at one time, and sometimes you can't even get in cause the queue is full, their service sucks that much... I think you can get direct links, but isn't that the case with every other storage host?

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose said:
    Outlook.com/Hotmail.com is best free email for sure. Spam is manageable just don't type your email into every "win a free ipad" and "enlarge your manhood" ad you see!

One of the domains I use is 17 years old and I have been using it for email that long. Outlook catches no more than 35% of the spam, gmail catches 99.8%.

As I say, I kinda like outlook.com a bit more than the gmail interface, but it's email, not a big issue in my life :P

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • vpsnerdsvpsnerds Member
    edited March 2014

Have you tried Mega? You can get 50GB free
    https://mega.co.nz

• I've used their online storage before. It's not as sophisticated as Dropbox, Box.com or even Google Drive, that's for sure.

• I prefer owncloud with Backupsy. :)