Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Big Is Your Mailbox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Big Is Your Mailbox?

ksubediksubedi Member
edited February 2014 in General

I recently saw someone using shared hosting to host a mailbox that was 100+ GB in size. I have a huge mailbox but I have only used 1.3 GB of storage.

So, how big is your mailbox?

Edit: Using google apps atm

Comments

• Google Apps - 15GB

• Web.de
    1GB

• is 'someone' host the mailbox at your shared hosting (or reseller hosting)?

One of my client (that I also host) have huge attachment each time he sent an email. So it would be about using lots of space but not that much.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have many mailboxes and the largest is currently 1,2 GB. Thats my work email.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

About 2.96GB and around 100,000 messages

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

11.23 GB

• Mine is similar to @Fliphost 'Bout 3.2GB with over 100k messages.

• As large as my hard drive could be

• 215GB (took a while for Windows to give me a filesize...)

I had to switch to Opera Mail; as so far it's the only Windows email client that won't kill itself when you tell it to do something to over 10,000,000 email messages.

That and, the newsgroups + threading support isn't bad.

• Not really big, my gmail account (around 3-4 years old) has about 9k emails and is using 0.46GB

• My largest is just shy of 1GB. Mostly unread spam.

• @Noerman said:
    is 'someone' host the mailbox at your shared hosting (or reseller hosting)?

One of my client (that I also host) have huge attachment each time he sent an email. So it would be about using lots of space but not that much.

Yes it was a client we had. We told him to go for a professional email hosting solution since his mailbox was so large and it wouldn't be secure to have it in a shared server and he complied immediately. We couldn't look through the files for privacy reasons but I wonder what kind of emails he had that would be so huge in storage.

• ksubediksubedi Member
    edited February 2014

@HardCloud said:
    215GB (took a while for Windows to give me a filesize...)

I had to switch to Opera Mail; as so far it's the only Windows email client that won't kill itself when you tell it to do something to over 10,000,000 email messages.

That and, the newsgroups + threading support isn't bad.

Holy shit 215 GB is huge. All of my personal backups including my baby videos would probably end up around 200 GB.

• 1.41 GB (9%) of 15 GB used ( Google Apps ) :)

• @ksubedi said:
    Holy shit 215 GB is huge. All of my personal backups including my baby videos would probably end up around 200 GB.

That's a total of my .mbox file; which includes all my email from about 6 years across 20+ addresses; sales, quotes, invoices to/from clients; etc. Lots and lots of emails. + encrypted (increased the size significantly, not as compressible :(.)

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I'm on google apps with around 2700 emails spread over three emails which is using around 0.03GB according to google.

• I don't know how much is allocated, but Yandex Mail claims unlimited storage. I currently have 13000 emails in my inbox.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

My server@ email used for logging is over 90GB in size, grows by about 1GB per day.

• largest inbox is 11GB but its over 14y old..

other ones are 9, 2, 3, 1 GB
    have to make special tweaks to thunderbird otherwise it would crash...

• My biggest one is 5 GB out of 16 GB from Gmail.. Never woulda thought that emails take so much space..

• Gmail: just about 6 GB, virtually no spam (well, 113 emails to be fair).

My own mail server: around 5 GB.

I don't e-mail that much.

• My GoogleApps space is 21GB, while my another Gmail space is 15GB.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

35.8 GB of unlimited (it is said unlimited by QQ mail.)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @Jylee said:
    35.8 GB of unlimited (it is said unlimited by QQ mail.)

Hostloc

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

I got 50mb email storage. it is more than enough if you keep your inbox clean.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited February 2014

I have a little more than 500MB in my university email inbox (total space 1GB). I regularly archive older emails to offline Outlook pst files every couple of years.

My oldest emails date back to 1999 when Internet just begun to become popular in China. I was using the Foxmail client back then and got my first email address from 21cn.com.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited February 2014

@Mark_R said:
    I got 50mb email storage. it is more than enough if you keep your inbox clean.

It is also enough to stop you from receiving any future correspondence if someone plays a prank on you and sends you a large attachment.

• Around 20.000 emails, 1.64GB @Google Apps

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited February 2014

@hwdsl2 said:
    I have a little more than 500MB in my university email inbox (total space 1GB). I regularly archive older emails to offline Outlook pst files every couple of years.

My oldest emails date back to 1999 when Internet just begun to become popular in China. I was using the Foxmail client back then and got my first email address from 21cn.com.

Do you remember 263.net.cn?