Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Longest time to provision a dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Longest time to provision a dedicated server?

edited February 2014 in General

I'm curious after seeing people say they have waited upwards of 3 weeks for a dedicated server to be provisioned, what is the longest time it has taken for a server to be provisioned to you, and from where?

The longest time it's taken me to get a server is about 1 1/2 weeks.

Comments

• im going to guess 3 weeks @ Delimiter?
    currently, im seeing that as normal..
    the most i have ever waited for a Dedicated server to be provisioned is 2 days 3 hours.
    average provisioning for me is usually within 6 hours amazingly (and having servers in multiple locations i found this surprising, even when i ordered a customized server)
    Oh, other then the 1.5 weeks i waited for Delimiter, then called it quits.. considering they said it would be provisioned "Shortly" but it never was.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    im going to guess 3 weeks @ Delimiter?
    currently, im seeing that as normal..
    the most i have ever waited for a Dedicated server to be provisioned is 2 days 3 hours.
    average provisioning for me is usually within 6 hours amazingly (and having servers in multiple locations i found this surprising, even when i ordered a customized server)
    Oh, other then the 1.5 weeks i waited for Delimiter, then called it quits.. considering they said it would be provisioned "Shortly" but it never was.

The long/nonexistant provisioning times seem to be a recurring theme with delimiter.

• I think it was 2 weeks with OVH. My first and last dedi:p

• i just find it weird that delimiter is taking weeks to do it, and blaming it on backlog from the weather, but there's a few other places in Atlanta, which are churning servers out by the rack daily.
    but anyway, i should commenting on Delimiter.. i might get flamed again for "attacking" fellow hosts

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited February 2014

The longest time I've had was with Delimiter, was around ~2 weeks. The first one was setup in 2-3 days and the second was delayed because of the snow storm that crossed over the south.

Seems most other providers do <1 day for setup like @qps and Dacentec .

• @trexos said:
    I think it was 2 weeks with OVH. My first and last dedi:p

Doesn't OVH actually say the estimate provisioning time now?

• Some people waited for months for their 3 EUR Kimsufi and in the end got canceled.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Doesn't OVH actually say the estimate provisioning time now?

It was last year this crazy 2,99€ servers.

• About 3 months and still no server. The guilty shall not be named. I got pissed waiting and asked for a refund, those guys agreed.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    The long/nonexistant provisioning times seem to be a recurring theme with delimiter.

Mine have always been delivered within the timeframe they specified (4 business days).

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

1 month

when i buy 2,99€ server from OVH

another than that 3 day is the longest time

• My first dedicated server that I personally paid for was ordered from Delimiter on January 30th. I'm still waiting for delivery, lol.

• @MarkTurner I received mine from Delimiter on Friday. Hopefully yours comes through today. I tagged Mark so maybe he can help you.

Thanked by 1goinsj2010
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

3 weeks,
    when I have a server with Instantdedis.

• rds100 said: Some people waited for months for their 3 EUR Kimsufi and in the end got canceled.

It took a bit over a month in my case. Longest I've waited for a dedicated.

Otherwise, it's usually same day or two - three days max, unless it's been something custom.

• 2 Weeks + 4 days with Hetzner

3 Weeks + 6 days with Oneprovider in their Paris location. I got a bill for the second month before getting the server. Although they let me cancel it and refunded my money. So, that's not too bad.

• that massive insane order for 3 euro kimsufi was make them suffer too after all, i hear they recheck all the payment manually, and in 24 hours after they put it on advertsing, it like 1000 order or maybe more, i got myself canceled 3 days after put my order at there.

• 15days, with Delimiter, any other server i've ever had was 1-2 days.

• 26 days with oneprovider for a location they call as tier5.

• 24 days with Delimiter, but, it's the cheapest/highest memory 4 core server I've ever gotten....

• Any news on the average wait to provision delimiter dedi's? I ordered on Sunday and submitted a ticket to ask but no reply..

• How about never? kimsufi @OVH

• @lelanto said:
    Any news on the average wait to provision delimiter dedi's? I ordered on Sunday and submitted a ticket to ask but no reply..

I ordered on February 1st. Still waiting.

• 2 and a half minutes. That was my 4th dedi with OVH. All my others have been done within 2 minutes, usually before I've got the email from PayPal confirming the payment.

• edited February 2014

@lelanto said:
    Any news on the average wait to provision delimiter dedi's? I ordered on Sunday and submitted a ticket to ask but no reply..

Some people have been waiting 3 weeks. and still no server.

• firstheberg.com - Took them 2 months

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

I ordered a dual 5150 on January 31st from delimiter, and I'm still waiting.

Out of curiosity and as a point of reference, who else is currently waiting for the delivery of their dedicated server from delimiter? Please post when you ordered and which server you ordered. I'm sure there are some others who would also appreciate that information!

• marcmmarcm Member

ckm_2 said: I ordered a dual 5150 on January 31st from delimiter, and I'm still waiting.

I have a feeling that they're using one of these to build and install their servers, so it could take a while:

• DylanDylan Member

@ckm_2 said:

Please post when you ordered and which server you ordered.

My Feb 1st order is for a 5150 as well.

• Ordered from Zeneva and never received it lol