Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back Up From FTP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Back Up From FTP

So i have a site on a shared hosting platform. Now i want to back up the whole webspace from ftp to a vps somewhere else. I have been trying to see if google offers some awnsers but have yet to find what i need. I am looking for incremental backups that i can run daily.

Comments

• What shared hosting environment are you in?

cPanel, Kloxo or... ?

• andreblueandreblue Member
    edited February 2014

Cpanel. Cpanel 11 per the panel its self
    I would rather however a script on the vps to jump on the site and grab everything or a zip backup

• Why not just use the integrated cpanel backup function? Full backup to remote server, then enter remote host, remote ftp user and password, port (standard: 21), directory (usually /) and usually passive ftp if the remote system is behind a firewall. Works fine. Not incremental but usually nicely compressed and very easy to use.

• I want a nice pull of a backup from my site to be put on my vps about each day. I want it automated as work can lead me to be away from a computer thus not being able to do it and then while at school I can do squat with their alright PCs thus automated is the best for me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Did you read the link I sent you?
    If you are on a windows machine then use winwget.

Then schedule the download.

• I just installed FTP server on the VPS and use cPanels remote backup.

• andreblueandreblue Member
    edited February 2014

MikHo said: Did you read the link I sent you? If you are on a windows machine then use winwget.

i did see it, its a linux vps which i will get it set up in a bash script and cron job