Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody still use Volumedrive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody still use Volumedrive?

Hi
anybody still use volumedrive?
if yes how good their network now? interest to buy one dedi for backup :)

Comments

• I think they are dead i sent them sales ticket 2 times two months ago and got no reply.So signup with them at your own risk.

• I do! I use them for a development node. They are perfect for my needs. I don't use it much, but it hasn't had any power related downtime since I got it. Network is alright, but again, I don't monitor it so I wouldn't know if there are any outages. Support has been pretty good, actually. Seems to be 9 - 5 EST, but during those hours, they've been relatively prompt and helpful. Would I recommend them for a production environment? No idea. Probably not, they're budget and honestly might not be around in a few months, but for me and now, they're great.

• @Steven_F said:
    I do! I use them for a development node. They are perfect for my needs. I don't use it much, but it hasn't had any power related downtime since I got it. Network is alright, but again, I don't monitor it so I wouldn't know if there are any outages. Support has been pretty good, actually. Seems to be 9 - 5 EST, but during those hours, they've been relatively prompt and helpful. Would I recommend them for a production environment? No idea. Probably not, they're budget and honestly might not be around in a few months, but for me and now, they're great.

how. long it take for them to setup your server?

• @tuguhost said: how. long it take for them to setup your server?

If you are planning to order a server from them now, you might have some big delays due to the weather conditions. However, you might end up losing all your data and stuff if they lose the lawsuit.

• @tuguhost I ordered on December 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM and the server was provisioned on December 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM. That's about five business days around the holidays, so I was pretty happy with the timing.

• What backup server do you need? We might be able to help you.

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited February 2014

@Steven_F said:

tuguhost I ordered on December 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM and the server was provisioned on December 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM. That's about five business days around the holidays, so I was pretty happy with the timing.

sound good
    will order now

@concerto49 said:
    What backup server do you need? We might be able to help you.

noting special, only small dedi with 500 gb hdd

• One of the worst company ever :/ Once upon a time i use them quite bad service:(

• @Steven_F said:
    I do! I use them for a development node. They are perfect for my needs. I don't use it much, but it hasn't had any power related downtime since I got it. Network is alright, but again, I don't monitor it so I wouldn't know if there are any outages. Support has been pretty good, actually. Seems to be 9 - 5 EST, but during those hours, they've been relatively prompt and helpful.

Thanks for the feedback. We've made some rather large improvements in the last few months, especially with our ticketing and support.

• @tuguhost said:
    Steven_F said:
    noting special, only small dedi with 500 gb hdd

If you have an order ID, please let us know via a support ticket ([email protected]) and we'll make sure its expedited for you.

• volumedrive said: Thanks for the feedback. We've made some rather large improvements in the last few months, especially with our ticketing and support.

Looking forward to see the improvement.

• @instatech said:
    I think they are dead i sent them sales ticket 2 times two months ago and got no reply.So signup with them at your own risk.

All info and general emails now create a support ticket so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to resend and you'll receive a ticket number along with a portal to check on the status of your request. In addition, we also offer phone support.