Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europe ! Looking for KVM for 1.6 server and TeamSpeak (10$ max) - 1GB min
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Europe ! Looking for KVM for 1.6 server and TeamSpeak (10$ max) - 1GB min

If you can provide me test ip and your specs that would be great.

Looking to host small TS with arround 50 users and 2 CW servers at 12 slots .

Comments

• Try www.host1plus.com in germany DC for 8$

• Hi. They only offer OpenVZ.

• KVM is bad for running cs servers, I would recommend you use openvz

• @sc754 said:
    KVM is bad for running cs servers, I would recommend you use openvz

That is bullshit. I've ran tons of gameservers (this includes source/hl1 engine based ones) and it was 100% stable on a KVM Virtualization.

• @Mark_R said:

Well if you do good luck, I found that KVM caused heavy fps drops and stuttering in the game, tried it with 3 different hosts.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@sc754 said:
    Well if you do good luck, I found that KVM caused heavy fps drops and stuttering in the game, tried it with 3 different hosts.

It looks like you know what hosts to choose gj. /sarcasm

• @Mark_R said:

Maybe, but ramnode has a good rep and I had the same problems there.

• I think sc754 might be confused to the difference between OpenVZ and KVM..
    Here's the general order of performance of a vps. openvz, xen, kvm.
    With KVM, you are given dedicated resources, but with OpenVZ, the host you're with could oversell their services and then slow down your performance or speed.

I can offer you a KVM VPS in Dallas, Texas if you'd like for a really good deal. Depending on how much ram you need, it could even be less than $10. Like our KVM3 Plan, it comes with 2GB Ram, 2 Cores, 50GB Disk Space, and 3TB Bandwidth on a 1Gbps Port. I can offer you that for $9 /month.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@sc754 said:
    Maybe, but ramnode has a good rep and I had the same problems there.

Then you obviously are doing something wrong because KVM is dedicated resources and OpenVZ is shared so technically KVM should perform better.

Anyways @trenke

http://www.liteserver.nl/linux-vps/

http://getkvm.com/kvm-metered.html

http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/netherlands/kvm-basic/

those are great hosts! network, support, performance is awesome.

• NodeJungleNodeJungle Member
    edited February 2014

He was looking for something under $10. All of the hosts you posted seem overpriced.

• @NodeJungle said:

He was looking for something under $10. All of the hosts you posted seem overpriced.

They are all close to his price range, the currency might be making a difference but still. Why do you think i have good experience with those hosts? because they offer quality services for a fair price. I'm just saving @trenke alot of time switching hosts by recommending well-established quality hosts.

• I had offered him something much lower than the ones you posted. And it will be the same performance, if not, better.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

@NodeJungle said:
    I had offered him something much lower than the ones you posted. And it will be the same performance, if not, better.

Ofcourse, i would recommend my own services aswel Lol.

--

I posted a list of known hosts that have been around for a while who will never run with your money and always provide quality, i cannot really compare you with that because you appear to be new here.

• forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited February 2014

We can offer you a UK Virtual Machine (Hypervisor) with 1GB Ram, 1 CPU, 30GB Storage, 1 IPv4 and unmetered traffic for 10$.

• AzureVPSAzureVPS Member
    edited February 2014

NodeJungle said: With KVM, you are given dedicated resources

Mark_R said: KVM is dedicated resources

KVM can certainly oversell: Overcommitting with KVM

SolusVM also makes it dead easy to do so: Host Node Limits

• smibasmiba Member
    edited February 2014

30GB HDD / RAID10 / 1GB RAM / 200GB BW / 2 Cores (E5-2620 v2) / KVM // $7

Hosted in The Netherlands

• @AzureVPS said:
    KVM can certainly oversell: Overcommitting with KVM

I know but it is less likely to happen.. Also, this wasn't about overselling..
    sc754 said something that was completely untrue/false, I had to point that out and correct it.