Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100+Yrs COMBINED Exp!

LOLed at the posting here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1348215

I guess the "industry leader" is really good at selling themselves :)

Thanked by 1eric1212

Comments

• Oh GVH, how we love your marketing.

• 101 dog years ?

• Their pricing is unbelievable. I got no words.

• Our in-house American Based systems administrators are seasoned professionals that have developed a passion for working with Linux hosting technology, servers, and assisting clients. With over 100 years of combined experience among our system administration staff, you can rest assured that you can trust your data with our trustworthy and reliable team here at GreenValueHost!

Once again they fail to mention their outsourced team of Indian workers, its like they are not even proud of them, even though they probably are adding them to the 100+ years of experience they are boasting. I feel bad for the poor fellas, they probably work the hardest and then in the advertising FUD its made to sound like they are worthless.

Good job continuing to be the biggest joke in this industry @GreenValueHost

Cheers!

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Honestly this seems to be getting a wee bit out of hand. Why does there need to be a thread about each and every post and offer that GVH makes?

TheLinuxBug said: Good job continuing to be the biggest joke in this industry

^ That's it. Keep calm and move on with life.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • In reality once I got off the first node I was provisioned on with GVH due to extremely poor IO my vps with them is extremely fast and uptime has been great so far this month.

I'm running on my $5 vps with them what I was running on two $7 ones so I'm happy.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

Not seen as much activity on a host at LET & WHT in this manner since URPad a couple of years ago, but I will give credit to @CVPS_Adam, at least he could turn most every thread around to his advantage, Jon can't do it, getting more ridiculous with the claims and offers is not the way.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

please tell me how they put the these four statements in the same ad.

"Do you want to save money, but don't want to compromise a premium experience?"

Unlimited FULL cPanel/WHM Server Management Price: Just $9.95/month OR $79.95/year!

Unlimited FULL OpenVZ Node Management Price: Just $15.95/month OR $109.95/year!

Unlimited FULL Xen PV/HVM Node Management Price: Just $20.95/month OR $159.95/year!

• 100+ years of combined experience, shared with other "partner" hosts?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanked by 2Davidx Maximum_VPS
  • So there is roughly 79K members on LowEndTalk. If we assume that each person has 10 years computer experience we can make the assumption that LowEndTalk has roughly 790,000 Years of experience across its membership.

Mun

• Wait I'm confused, GVH wants people to buy managed services from them, so they can make their outsourced support that is provided by HVH/CC do the work for them? Yeah okay....

@SkylarM said:
    Wait I'm confused, GVH wants people to buy managed services from them, so they can make their outsourced support that is provided by HVH/CC do the work for them? Yeah okay....

White label.

Except they're not white.

And I say what I want.

• @Mun said:
    So there is roughly 79K members on LowEndTalk. If we assume that each person has 10 years computer experience

starting at 6 years old I'm assuming :D

• @Bruce said:
    starting at 6 years old I'm assuming :D

indeed :)

• jarland said: Except they're not white.

They are as green as money :P and Martian :P

Thanked by 1jar
  • So I have 20 Level 10 toons in WOW... I have a level 200 toon.....

• I don't get it. Complete Unlimited Level 3 management for $20.95/month. Shouldn't this be over $1,000/mo? Considering the techs are in the USA.

They should stop competing on price - what do you think?

• eric1212 said: I don't get it. Complete Unlimited Level 3 management for $20.95/month. Shouldn't this be over $1,000/mo? Considering the techs are in the USA.

Yeah, but the techs don't have any children to feed or to put to school yet.

Thanked by 3Pwner jar MannDude
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    Yeah, but the techs don't have any children to feed or to put to school yet.

As the IT and a 12th grade student of my high school, I can relate to this.

• Pwner said: As the IT and a 12th grade student of my high school, I can relate to this.

lol

• eric1212 said: They should stop competing on price - what do you think?

As an end user I can only say, hurraaaaaaaayyyyyy cheap stuff :D

However IMHO it will piss off many IT professionals who work their fingers to the bone to earn a minimum of $75/hour fees.

@eric1212 said:
    I don't get it. Complete Unlimited Level 3 management for $20.95/month. Shouldn't this be over $1,000/mo? Considering the techs are in the USA.

They should stop competing on price - what do you think?

They'll know soon enough. Full management huh? Well I want a full openvz node with manual provisioning done within 1 hour of each order. Here's my $10, get busy!

Thanked by 1connercg
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2014

There are plenty out there that charge a low fixed fee such as PSM Of course they only manage AFAIR cPanel servers, they have so many under management that the whole one client needs 1 hour a month compared to another needing 10 hours will balance itself out. But only if you have enough using the service.

That said, node management without a panel is a different story and for those prices I can't see how it can work despite anything school boy Jonny will say to the contrary. And the reason is the price, it will attract the most demanding, technically illiterate people out there who want everything done now or they will loose thousands, blah, blah, blah.

There is a good reason you don't see server management at these prices and I can't believe GVH have found the solution others have not.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ MannDude
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

Not to mention that there's a 45 day money back guarantee on all of these plans as well. If you want to order, make us do a thousand hours of work, and you end up unsatisfied, you can get a full 100% no questions asked refund.

We're just that good.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    We're just that good.

Bitch please..

Your deals are amazing .. the reviews .. not so.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We're just that good.

Wed Feb 12 16:00:02 EST 2014
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 208.533 s, 5.1 MB/s

mmmhmmm :)

• 5.1 wow such amazeballs...

• @Mun said:
    mmmhmmm :)

Do you happen to be on NY1? Before they gave me a vps on another node they told e that the servers IO was fine (They said they recived 90MB/s on the node) even if mine frequently received dd numbers bellow 10MB/s. The new node they put me on gets around 200MB/s.