Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

volumedrive dedicated server setup time?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

volumedrive dedicated server setup time?

Hi

I have ordered my dedi from volumedrive(Order Receipt #98485) last thursday. Today it is sunday and I expect it is not going to happen today also.

Any one knows how much time they take to setup the server?

Here is the config..

CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge G530 (2 cores)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Memory
HD: 2x 500 GB Hard Drives
BW: 100 Mbps Unmetered*
IP: 2 Public IP Addresses
KVM On Demand Available
Linux / Windows / BSD / XEN

at $24.95/m

@Volumedrive

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

2 year ago I was sent a email to vd and never receive a single reply from them.

• I sent one at least 2 years ago, also no response.

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited February 2014

Yeah, I had the same issue. I sent them another email bitching them out and then they returned my email. lol

• But I did try contacting them before ordering and they were quick in replying my queries.

Any recent users having experience?

• Still never got a reply to my sales ticket from a few months ago.

• i ever order them 1 server and receive the detail after almost 1 month so please be patient

• lol, well.. just for fun i decided to send them a ticket about setup times for their servers.
    so far me sending ONE ticket has opened up 1075 tickets so far... i'm getting so many different ticket numbers for this..

(maybe i should report it to spamhaus :P)

• @niceboy said:
    Hi

I have ordered my dedi from volumedrive(Order Receipt #98485) last thursday. Today it is sunday and I expect it is not going to happen today also.

Any one knows how much time they take to setup the server?

Here is the config..

CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge G530 (2 cores)
    RAM: 4 GB DDR3 Memory
    HD: 2x 500 GB Hard Drives
    BW: 100 Mbps Unmetered*
    IP: 2 Public IP Addresses
    KVM On Demand Available
    Linux / Windows / BSD / XEN

at $24.95/m

Volumedrive

In all seriousness the delivery time could be days to months.

• blackfoxltdblackfoxltd Member
    edited February 2014

When it comes to ordering servers it can be as quickly as a few days or a week or two. I think it is because of high demand.

There billing does not start until they put your server online and support is way faster then server order filling.

• Maybe its getting delayed due to the snow storm in Pennsylvania?

• It seems they are going to set it up shortly.. :)

Your order, number: 98485, is still pending.
    We apologise for the delay, and we will set up your server as soon as possible.
    As always, the billing cycle for this server will begin when the server is placed online.

• It is one week now.. and, still the order is pending :)

lets see how many more days means "shortly" for @Volumedrive

• @wych said:
    Still never got a reply to my sales ticket from a few months ago.

We have recently migrated our [email protected] platform over to our support ticketing system to insure that we do not miss any general sales / info requests. When you email us now, you should be assigned a ticket number.

• @niceboy said:
    It is one week now.. and, still the order is pending :)

lets see how many more days means "shortly" for Volumedrive

We have confirmed your order and show a delivery date later this afternoon. If you need anything else, please feel free to open a support ticket ([email protected])

• @volumedrive said:
    We have recently migrated our [email protected] platform over to our support ticketing system to insure that we do not miss any general sales / info requests. When you email us now, you should be assigned a ticket number.

What is the current average setup time for an order?

• @wych said:
    What is the current average setup time for an order?

Depends on the hardware. Anywhere from 1 - 3 business days (excluding weekends), we do not start the billing cycle until the server has been delivered and if you need an expedited setup, we can see if its available. Simply send a general inquiry to support after you've placed your order.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • Finally, I got my server online yesterday. :)

Probably this gives an idea on setup times at volumedrive for others.

Thanks @volumedrive

• Glad to see VolumeDrive is coming back into the game. :)

• @niceboy said:
    Finally, I got my server online yesterday. :)

Probably this gives an idea on setup times at volumedrive for others.

Thanks volumedrive

could you share your disk io speed tp m

• LeeLee Veteran

@tuguhost said:
    could you share your disk io speed tp m

Think he might be having issues with that http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21911/is-this-dedi-having-2-disks-in-raid-1#latest

• bugisbugis Member

@volumedrive please activated Invoice ID : 100358

• @bugis said:
    volumedrive please activated Invoice ID : 100358

Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] with your order ID and we'll expedite it.

• bugisbugis Member

I've sent a ticket, he said 3-4 days for activation.

now it has not been actively entered 1 week :(

• BoxodeBoxode Member

rajprakash said: I sent one at least 2 years ago, also no response.

Average reply times are 3-4 years, depending on ticket load.

• BayuBayu Member
    edited May 2014

@bugis said:
    I've sent a ticket, he said 3-4 days for activation.

now it has not been actively entered 1 week :(

I also bought a new dedicated from lowend provider (not from vd) and just received after 2 weeks later. Things like that are common to lowend provider. So please be patient...

kebanyakan orang indonesia kurang sabar, tapi kalo udah sering nanti akan terbiasa dengan sendirinya, itung-itung juga buat latihan menjelang bulan puasa :) pasti buat torrenting ya :p

Thanked by 1gkz
  • earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

Can be a real hit or miss with VD, but for what it's worth your billing does not start until your server get's provisioned..

So regardless of your purchase date, they won't start billing you until the server is delivered.

• kazilakazila Member
    edited May 2014

I don't understand why so many of you continue to purchase from the bottom of the barrel and expect unparalleled service and support. Their pricing is completely unsustainable. Do the math -- it's the basic fundamentals of business. If you factor in their overhead expenses, transaction fees, the cost of hardware, etc their business model is setup to fail. You will continue to waste your time and money trying to save a buck. It's easy for a company to sell server at whatever price they want however, there's no room in the industry for irresponsibility. If you don't make a profit and your funds dry up, at some point you will be forced to pull the plug on your operation. You need to realize that you get what you pay for. Just an observation and my 2 cents.