Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is URPad now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is URPad now?

kyakykyaky Member
edited February 2014 in General

Just realized one of my offer monitors for urpad didn't work today. I tried to check their website but it wouldn't open. When did this happen? what's going on? both http://urpad.net & http://www.rootleveltech.com/ are down. no official update from social media yet.

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2014

Twitter: Due to a cut in fiber lines we have had network connectivity issues in Houston. We expect the network to return to normal in 3 hours.

• kyakykyaky Member
    edited February 2014

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Twitter: Due to a cut in fiber lines we have had network connectivity issues in Houston. We expect the network to return to normal in 3 hours.

don't see that from https://twitter.com/URPad , which one are you looking at?

• @DewlanceVPS said:

URPad ‏@URPad Jan 20
    Due to a cut in fiber lines we have had network connectivity issues in Houston. We expect the network to return to normal in 3 hours.

that's a twit from Jan 20. >_<

@kyaky said:
    didn't see that from https://twitter.com/URPad , which one are you looking at?

2nd tweet.

Again they are facing same issue.

• Seems down from here as well...

Maybe @ChrisMiller can help us out?

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited February 2014

network connectivity issues !

• mpkossen said: Seems down from here as well...

Maybe @ChrisMiller can help us out?

I don't work for them anymore but I just messaged Jason and he said that Black Lotus appears to be having issues.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited February 2014

i have a Los Angeles, CA server and Orlando, FL server

i can ssh the Orlando server but not the Los Angeles server..

• @painfreepc said:
    i have a Los Angeles, CA server and Orlando, FL server

i can ssh the Orlando server but not the Los Angeles server..

i personally would not host your dns servers with this company.
    LES maybe ?

edited February 2014

Urpad is down because of they don't use AutoBoot.

• Eg: DDoS protection provider owner is sleeping and he don't know server is up or down(Only AutoBoot can save him from this type of situation)
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Urpad is down because of they don't use AutoBoot.

• Eg: DDoS protection provider owner is sleeping and he don't know server is up or down(Only AutoBoot can save him from this type of situation)

Wow. Just. Ok.

• All three of our VPS on LA Network LA1, LA3, LABL4 are down.
    https://billing.urpad.net/clientarea.php and urpad.net all down also

• @darkshire said:
    LES maybe ?

LES?

• faliment...

• @painfreepc said:

Didn't see the context, either they meant LowEndSpirit or LowEndStock

• hope they dont bankrupt

• i have had the servers for a few months now, no issues till now

• Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.There was some planned maintenance at DC level as we have already informed on our social networking sites in this regards & now maintenance the process has been completed.The server should be online now.

Please do verify from your end.

Thanks

Hahah what a poor excuse... I don't follow these idiots on "social media" I had a look at twitter... I didn't see anything..

• planned maintenance at DC level as we have already informed on our social networking sites

What a load of shit !

Their social sites have nothing about planned events

• Do they even have Facebook? The Facebook links on their website aren't working

• In response to the email above I pretty much just called him a liar, this is what I got.

Hello,

We do apologies for the troubles caused.Seemed we've had bulk of clients whereas DC updated us for an emergency maintenance and we don't have enough time to mail to all of our clients.Thus we thought and update us on our site as well as our social networking sites so that some our clients gets updated about the emergency maintenance.However,I can assure you that it won't be repeated in future.

I hope you can now understand our situation.

Thanks

It was mentioned here (and I experienced it too) that their website was also down..

• I loved Urpad.net before ROOT Level Tech (or whatever) took them over. Had lots of servers with them, on all EU locations including Iceland.

Some issues with downtime from time to time, but for the most they worked very well. And the price was very good, since I only used LEB/WHT offers.

Then their support went downhill, like the uptime, and then they pulled out of all EU locations. And then I stopped using them.

Don't think they will ever be so good as they where

• @ChrisMiller said:
    I don't work for them anymore but I just messaged Jason and he said that Black Lotus appears to be having issues.

Ah, sorry. My bad. I thought they had you back after they bought UrPad to do some PR?

• @ATHK the level of intelligence, grammar and spelling (or lack of) in the response you got from URPad just screams @mazker to me.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • I regret I renew the 128mb with them, network is maxed out at 10mb/s, io is around 60-70mb. Their billing/support page uses broken SSL cert :( . I only use that as a backup storage now :( I won't renew that vps when its end.

• @OkieDoke said:
    ATHK the level of intelligence, grammar and spelling (or lack of) in the response you got from URPad just screams mazker to me.

I'm not sure who that is.

They said a while back on Facebook that they were bringing in some new support staff, the response above and others are the exact same as a staff member who has disappeared (I say he just changed his name) these guys constantly lie and cheat their clients it's pretty disgusting really.

edited February 2014

Now urpad is online but I think urpad is hosted on blacklotus server so urpad is innocent.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Now urpad is online but I think urpad is hosted on blacklotus server so urpad is innocent.

URPad has been online for nearly 2 days now..

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2014

@DewlanceVPS said:

Yes they are with Blacklotus and yes it was an issue with Blacklotus.

I don't see why they had to lied to me about it.