Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low end VPS's for Commerical VPN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low end VPS's for Commerical VPN?

I am looking for some VPS's to run OpenVPN and on these servers I will have about 10-20 people connecting to throughout the day.

What specs should I be looking for, and where can I find a VPS that would allow this?

Also, a plus would be some Ddos protection.

Comments

• I am really satisfied with my vps's at interserver.net. For only 10-20 connections a day you will hardly need anything beyond the bare minimal. Cloudflare I hear has some stellar ddos protection too

• I mean to run a VPN server off of, cloudflare won't work for that.

• Well.. 500gbit ddos protection @ hosteasy.eu :p
    Problem been 10mbit connection on vps'

• umm well you can try us we use Ubiquity they offer ddos protection and we can supply lots of IP's

• @AutoSnipe not sure how hosteasy can offer 500gbps ddos protection if they 'only' have 10gbit with MD-IX, maybe trough voxility since they peer with them.

• 500Gbps is what Voxility has, maybe voxility is providing the filtering? Or it's just overinflated marketing talk.

• @MuZo said:
    AutoSnipe not sure how hosteasy can offer 500gbps ddos protection if they 'only' have 10gbit with MD-IX, maybe trough voxility since they peer with them.
    @MuZo said:
    AutoSnipe not sure how hosteasy can offer 500gbps ddos protection if they 'only' have 10gbit with MD-IX, maybe trough voxility since they peer with them.

https://www.voxility.com/shop/security/anti-ddos

• @MuZo yup. ddos is from the upstream from voxility. but it's still offered
    if only someone could test it out lol

• RamiRami Member
    edited February 2014

@amusaru said:
    What specs should I be looking for, and where can I find a VPS that would allow this?

You'll need 64M of ram 1gb of HDD bandwidth depend on your clients usage

Most of providers here allow openvpn but ofcourse not all of them provide ddos protection

If you need any help PM me

• Per client?

• Still looking, thank you.

• smibasmiba Member
    edited February 2014

Can give you 256MB of ram, 3GB HDD Space and 50GB Bandwidth for $8/Quarter

Additional IP's starting at $0,75/IP In the Netherlands

• Does your VPS have ddos protection by any chance, and do you have more bandwidth options?

• Could give you 0.75GB - 1.5GB burst RAM, 15GB SSD storage, 1TB transfer, 500Gbps ddos protection for $5/mo, up to 5 ips with justification.

• What location?

• @amusaru said:
    What location?

East Coast (Montreal)

• Alright hit me up with a link.

• We can offer you DDoS protected vps in Canada. If you insterested.