Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing/Hudson Valley Host - where is my REFUND?

Comments

• @jbiloh - Thanks for answering me. I truly rather talk via e-mail so I can get everything documented. Plus, I am having phone issues right now. I will PM you my email so please contact me. Thanks!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Go ahead and email me at jbiloh-at-colocrossing.com

• love4cars4234love4cars4234 Member
    edited January 2014

@jbiloh - Are you out of office now? :(

Basically @jbiloh offered me 1 free month but I said no. Then he offered me 2 free months but I said no once again. I asked for refund firmly. Now there's no more reply from him. Maybe he's off work now, but we were writing emails within minutes to each other so I don't know what's going on...

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2014

EDIT: I guess not.

• PM me the specs of the servers you have, if they're what we need I'll pay you the cost you paid HVH and I'll ask to have your servers pushed to our account and problem solved

• @GreenValueHost said:
    PM me the specs of the servers you have, if they're what we need I'll pay you the cost you paid HVH and I'll ask to have your servers pushed to our account and problem solved

Forgetting the part where drives have to be wiped, etc..

• @jeffreywinters said:
    Forgetting the part where drives have to be wiped, etc..

We'll have that handled

• @love4cars4234 said:
    jbiloh - Are you out of office now? :(

Basically jbiloh offered me 1 free month but I said no. Then he offered me 2 free months but I said no once again. I asked for refund firmly. Now there's no more reply from him. Maybe he's off work now, but we were writing emails within minutes to each other so I don't know what's going on...

I really am wondering why Jon can offer 2 months free at Hudson Valley Host.

Thanked by 1MannDude
    edited January 2014

@jeffreywinters said:

I'm really wondering why GVH-Jon, who is a 'customer' of HVH with no other relation* is trying to steal HVH's customer.

GVH gets servers from HVH. HVH gets servers from Colocrossing. HVH can't provide the OP a server. So why would he go to GVH?

So confused.

* "No other relation"

• @MannDude said:
    * "No other relation"

From what I've read.

GVH isn't really stealing HVH's customer. They are just willing to buy the server off of the client who doesn't want it.

Yep, I re-read it. Woops.

I'd take that option.

I'd edit my post above but I think it's good for the OP to know the connection between the three anyhow so he's not as confused as to why these people, who are not his provider, are doing things for him.

• Yeah, we're in shortage of servers so we'll definitely buy it off the OP if it's what we need.

• @zhuanyi said:
    And now I am really curious (sorry maybe I am a conspiracy theorist) if HVH is another shell company of CC and in turn GVH is a shall company of HVH.

isn't that kinda known secret... .no?

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited January 2014

@peppr said:
    isn't that kinda known secret... .no?

You get the service from HVH, you get [some-form-of] tech support from GVH, and (if lucky) you get the refund from CC. Quite simple. That reminds me I need to call rackspace to cancel my AWS account.. i might call AWS to change my netflix package too whilst the phones are hot

Thanked by 2MCHPhil wrox
  • love4cars4234love4cars4234 Member
    edited January 2014

@jeffreywinters said:

Jon offered me 2 free months at ColoCrossing, not at Hudson Valley Host. I can show you the email screenshot if you want. And yes, Hudson Valley Host is a 100% re-seller of ColoCrossing, even Jon told me this over email.

Anyways, let me PM you @GreenValueHost with the specs. I just wanna get my $ back and get the hell away from everybody with ties to Hudson Valley Host faaaar as possible I can for life. This is a disaster. And where is Ernie? My original intention was for Ernie to read this out loud as he was ignoring me but I guess he went away....

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited January 2014

If you paid with a Visa, I'd say it would be fair at this point just to chargeback. You're quite clearly being messed around.

Thanked by 1love4cars4234
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@Virtovo said:
    If you paid with a Visa, I'd say it would be fair at this point just to chargeback. You're quite clearly being messed around.

Agreed. Reading over all of this, I can't believe anyone could claim even a small amount of respect for the integrity of their business and not offer this guy a refund. That means HVH and Biloh. I'm also still wildly uncomfortable with GVH taking this situation so personally and acting in many ways as though there is no wall between them and the two other companies.

This is so obviously just a scam. Credit card dispute and stay far away from these people. Not the first person ripped off by velocity servers. Just put this in google:

"velocity servers" site:www.webhostingtalk.com
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited January 2014

http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/HVHAT-ARIN

Anyone who tries to make business while hiding their identity is a scammer by default.

Thanked by 3jar love4cars4234 wrox
    edited January 2014

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/HVHAT-ARIN

Anyone who tries to make business while hiding their identity is a scammer by default.

Actually the address is legit and not hard to find him by it. Looking at his Facebook page now. Hudson Valley Computer Solutions is the actual company.

Another address listed here, maybe a good legal contact: http://www.nycompaniesindex.com/hudson-valley-computer-solutions-inc-11dyi/

Remember OP, there's nothing wrong or excessive about having your attorney mediate a situation. They can advise you well beyond the average person here, and it teaches people a lesson about scamming when people don't play games.

• ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited January 2014

@hellogoodbye said:
    After a bit of searching it seems Ernie Quick is the CEO and the company is from New York, but I haven't found anything else regarding their physical address. Hope their sales department will be able to help you out!

Hudson Valley Host

http://www.chamberofcommerce.com/saugerties-ny/39914748-hudson-valley-host/
    http://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/hudsonvalleyhost-saugerties-ny-29197814.html

1073 Kings Hwy
    Saugerties, NY, 12477
    (845) 943-6211

Summary: Hudson Valley Host has estimated annual revenues of $ 80,000.00 and also employs an estimated 2 employees.

CEO: https://www.facebook.com/ernie.j.quick/about

And (ran by the same people):

Hudson Valley Computer Solutions

https://www.facebook.com/HudsonValleyComputerSolutions

http://hudsonvalleycomputersolutions.com/

610 Route 28, Kingston, NY 12401

The Kingston address is also used for Hudson Valley IPs...

http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-198-23-189-0-1/pft

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

No one has been scammed. The customer complained about throughput after testing using speedtest.net. Hvh has been working with the customer to remedy his concerns (despite near unanimous industry standard that Web based speed tests are not an accurate judge of server max potential throughput). In addition I've been in contact with the customer with an extremely generous offer to provide him service through ColoCrossing (tons of free service as a good will gesture).

At this point it seems that the customer is more concerned with stirring things up than actually receiving the service he purchased. If I had to guess it's probably something along the lines of he no longer needs the service, not because there is anything we tong with the service, but because it's simply not needed.

@jbiloh said:
    No one has been scammed. The customer complained about throughput after testing using speedtest.net. Hvh has been working with the customer to remedy his concerns (despite near unanimous industry standard that Web based speed tests are not an accurate judge of server max potential throughput). In addition I've been in contact with the customer with an extremely generous offer to provide him service through ColoCrossing (tons of free service as a good will gesture).

At this point it seems that the customer is more concerned with stirring things up than actually receiving the service he purchased. If I had to guess it's probably something along the lines of he no longer needs the service, not because there is anything we tong with the service, but because it's simply not needed.

So how long has he been asking for a refund after failure to deliver? Weeks beyond the estimate? Blown off by support for HVH? Just give him a refund, why are you joining with Ernie to refuse him this?

Of course speedtest.net is a terribad way to judge a server. But he's been asking to cut his losses and move on for a while. Why not grant him that?

Thanked by 2love4cars4234 wrox
  • LOL after a total of 5 weeks waiting for 2 servers... I'd not want or need them either. Refund him you loon.

• give him the refund, or have fun playing with the credit companies. jbiblo

• @jbiloh said:

I strongly disagree. How can you expect a customer to stay with a company - to trust a company! - after the horrible experience he had been going through? It was never about money, so much should be clear; why do you think bribing someone with one or two free months would change his mind?

Rather an End with Pain than Pain without End.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"I'll keep you in mind Ernie! When I'm pulling my hair out!" LOL

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited January 2014

@Ernie from Hudson Valley Host has decided, NO REFUND as @love4cars4234 looks on from the background completely distraught by the decision !!

• @darkshire said:
    Ernie from Hudson Valley Host has decided, NO REFUND as love4cars4234 looks on from the background completely distraught by the decision !!

How symbolic that you used a puppet to represent Ernie.

Order with HVH and don't get disappointed just once, but three times! That's the company that resells them and the company who they resell from too!

That's right folks, that's three times the disappointment for the price of one. Hurry while supplies last.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

To be honest, From what the customer has already experienced before he got the server, Surely you would warrant him a refund without question, As it isn't just about the speedtest, Which isn't the main reason at all.

If this issue was just the speedtest, Without the waiting for weeks and the other issues, Then yeah a refund wouldn't really be warranted but this customer has clearly had multiple issues before the server(s) were even deployed.