Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syncing files with my android device
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Syncing files with my android device

Hello,

I'm searching an app for my android device for syncing my photos and maybe a few files. E.g. something like Dropbox, because I don't want my files to be somewhere on the internet. I already have owncloud on my server but it looks like their mobile app sucks and doesn't really support sync. Its ok for me as well, if its just a ftp client who uploads my new photos when I'm connected over wifi or something like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Avast backup can do that

• @cfgguy said:
    Avast backup can do that

It looks like it saves the files on avast servers, doesnt it?

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

i'd be interested in something like this too.. will check out avast backup, any other options?

• @ndelaespada said:
    i'd be interested in something like this too.. will check out avast backup, any other options?

Well, it looks like it saves files to avast or google drive. But I want my files on my own server.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Use drop sync . It uses Dropbox

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

Have a look at ajaxplorer/pydio. They provide a free iOS/Android-Application.

• @cfgguy said:
    Use drop sync . It uses Dropbox

But as I said, I don't want my files to be on the server of another company like Dropbox, Google or what ever :P

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited January 2014

trexos said: But as I said, I don't want my files to be on the server of another company like Dropbox, Google or what ever :P

AeroFS was good but I don't think they have free plans anymore...

EDIT: It is: https://www.aerofs.com/pricing and it is on your own server.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2014

trexos said: I don't want my files to be on the server of another company like Dropbox, Google or what ever :P

You probably don't want your unencrypted files to reside on a third party servers.

• rds100 said: You probably don't want your unencrypted files to reside on a third party servers.

would get a KVM and set up an encrypted volume help?

• @skagerrak said:
    Have a look at ajaxplorer/pydio. They provide a free iOS/Android-Application.

Looks awesome. But it's not poissible to sync files is it?

edited January 2014

@trexos said:
    Looks awesome. But it's not poissible to sync files is it?

I must admit I didn't realise they changed their name. I still know it back in the days when it was called ajaxplorer3. You could (with their old Android-app) share files between your server and the phone/sd-card. Don't know if that still works. It didn't, however, provide an automated sync. Apart from manually sharing files, it just provided a cache.

• @skagerrak

Yeah the new app works great, but syncing isn't possible and thats what I need.

edited January 2014

@trexos said:
    Yeah the new app works great, but syncing isn't possible and thats what I need.

You might want to try FolderSync. It uses sFTP/WebDAV/Samba and should work in connection with ajaxplorer.

• RizRiz Member
    edited January 2014

Bittorrent Sync. Works well with every device I own and has awesome android support. You can run it on a server for a constant "cloud".

• Xcloud
    Pogoplug?
    Crashplan

• ownCloud

• Btsync is awesome ;)

• @skagerrak said:

How does the connection between pydio and foldersync work? Which protocol do i have to use?

• @trexos said:
    How does the connection between pydio and foldersync work? Which protocol do i have to use?

I connect to ajaxplorer (pre-pydio) via WebDAV and HTTPs. Foldersync should support both.

• I moved my stuff from SugarSync to a 500gig Backupsy server with BitTorrent® Sync. You will find BitTorrent Sync client for both iPhone and Android. One feature missing on the mobile app. is offline cache. The app. only synchronize files on WiFi. I contacted support and they informed me that on the next release they will support it.

Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bittorrent.sync

iOS
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bittorrent-sync/id665156116?mt=8

• +1 for btSync, works fine between android and vps!

• how about using rsync ? :)
    before you can use this, root your phone 1st.

• BTSYNC.

• +BTSync. All my pictures are transparently and immediately copied to my home server from my phone. :P

• i have the android client which monitors my camera's DCIM folder for changes; and its immediately baked up to my backupsy box; all desktop backups are pushed via btsync to backupsy.

its a top-shelf combo, imho.

• I use BTSync, and or SeaFile, depending on if I want to actually store the file on my server or not.

• Dropsync :-) It's paid, but it works very well.

I don't like BTSync because it's closed source and I haven't seen any methods against guessing encryption keys and taking a walk with it.

• I use FolderSync and haven't had any issues with it.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited January 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Dropsync :-) It's paid, but it works very well.

I don't like BTSync because it's closed source and I haven't seen any methods against guessing encryption keys and taking a walk with it.

Please do tell me how someone will guest YOUR BTSync Secret Key

Read-Only Secret, Movie Trailers and other stuff: "BTK7XSHTX4VA5RUCU2QD6ACYIMJJPNQLY"