Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode - Three Month Review [Positive]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode - Three Month Review [Positive]

I'd like to share my three month experience with RamNode. They are now one of my favorite providers and I'm happy I tried them out. I don't keep all the services I signup with but RamNode is one I know I will have for some time.

Plan: OpenVZ SSD VPS (SVZ v2) - 512MB SVZ. With DDoS Filtered IPv4 ($3) I'm paying a total of $6.51 USD per month for everything.

Promised Specs: 2 CPU Access, 512MB Ram with 512MB VSwap. 40GB SSD, 2000 GB Bandwidth. 1 IPv4and 16 IPv6.

Stability: Awesome. I am currently hosting one website on this service. I have not noticed any down time. Site loads/responds quickly for me. It's exceeded all of my expectations and I'm beyond pleased with it.

Support: Support is A+. I've opened one ticket and it was answered quickly. Ticket opened at 16:06 and was responded to via a real person at 16:08 and this is after I marked it Low Priority and even had "[Very Low Priority]" in the subject line. The ticket was for my DDoS IP address and how to configure it. "Spencer" gave great instructions on how to make it my main IP and I was up and running in no time.

Their Twitter/Facebook is worth following. They are quick to give updates on changes, upgrades and also randomly give away some pretty fantastic coupons. I really appreciate the communication that I receive from the RamNode team.

Overall: I'm very impressed with service and I'm excited to have found yet another reliable provider on LET. Specs are more than I'll ever need for the site hosted on it. Service is extremely reliable and I couldn't be happier with it. Smooth sailing all the way. I apologize for not having lots of tests and stats to post, I've provided a few below that I know how to and care to do. Thanks for reading and thank you to RamNode for the awesome service!

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.96661 s, 546 MB/s

wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2014-01-14 18:32:42-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175 Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: /dev/null 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 97.8M/s in 1.0s

Thanked by 2nocom Nick_A

Comments

• CharlesACharlesA Member
    edited January 2014

Sounds about like my experience with them on my SSD 512MB OpenVZ box.

• Very nice review, and I agree. I have never had issues with Ramnode. I've been surprised even (the good type), by the hardware and support (answered on Christmas day!?! - way more than I can ask for). @badpatrick - What tool did you use to generate those images?

• See, this is what LE* should have some more of; serious reviews that actually use the service for some time, and less of the fluff we've had lately of "had it for a few days, it was alright, asked for a refund."

I applaud you @badpatrick for your work for the community.

• @Silvenga said:
    Very nice review, and I agree. I have never had issues with Ramnode. I've been surprised even (the good type), by the hardware and support (answered on Christmas day!?! - way more than I can ask for). badpatrick - What tool did you use to generate those images?

It's PHPSYSINFO ...

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • what to complaint against Ramnode, i got about 6 services from them, 3 of it was yearly plan. Automatic setup, good services response, great hardware and connection.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

:D

• Nice review. RamNode's closest to "the perfect host" in my eyes.