Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps service for iranian user
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps service for iranian user

Hi,
just want to ask why some of those ultra low cost vps providers refuse to accept Iranian users!? I dont think US Department of the Treasury sanctions are related to a 20$ order of an Iranian trying to pass through the country internet filter!!

does any of vps providers here (preferably Europe based, due to closer distance) let us order?

Comments

• Well, we don't have servers in Europe, only in USA, but we do not specifically block orders from Iraninan users.

• This is usually due to abuse. We use Maxmind anti-fraud and orders from Iran tend to get flagged as fraud because it is listed as a high risk country.

• my former provider just removed my account for running tor(client not an exit node), but some of the new ones I tried to place order, just told me go get some other host! I dont know what cause them to threat me in such a way.

• Most companies won't deal with customers from Iran because it can lead to serious troubles for them.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @Hchak said:
    my former provider just removed my account for running tor(client not an exit node), but some of the new ones I tried to place order, just told me go get some other host! I dont know what cause them to threat me in such a way.

Mainly it's the issue of fraud.

• Why do you need tor if you can use vpn?

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2014

@Hchak said:
    Hi,
    just want to ask why some of those ultra low cost vps providers refuse to accept Iranian users!? I dont think US Department of the Treasury sanctions are related to a 20$ order of an Iranian trying to pass through the country internet filter!!

does any of vps providers here (preferably Europe based, due to closer distance) let us order?

If it's a provider seated in the EU it's most likely because the transfer of funds between the EU and Iran is prohibited by Regulation 1263/2012.

Financial and credit institutions in the EU are prohibited from transferring funds to or from:
    • Iranian credit and financial institutions and bureaux de change, and their branches and subsidiaries, wherever located.
    • Credit and financial institutions and bureaux de change that are not domiciled in Iran but are controlled by persons, entities or bodies domiciled in Iran,
    unless such transfers are authorised in accordance with the new processes.
  • @skagerrak said:
    unless such transfers are authorised in accordance with the new processes.

true but possibly it doesnt apply for 20$! and also I already need to pay from outside by some friend who live outside of the country as these payment methods are not available locally, so the providers dont get the money from Iran.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Via Singapore and India routing to Australia seems reasonable. Have you considered services in Australia? If your friends outside the country are paying via PayPal for example then from what I have just read there are no reasons why an Australian provider wouldn't provide services to Iranian individuals.

• @Hchak said:
    true but possibly it doesnt apply for 20$! and also I already need to pay from outside by some friend who live outside of the country as these payment methods are not available locally, so the providers dont get the money from Iran.

I'm pretty sure that any reasonable proivder won't accept a payment that is made to evade the regulation wheras you are still seated in Iran.

• @Hchak said:

hi
    why not just ask your friend to order it?

• It will apply for 0,1$ aswell as for 100k $.

• @Hchak said:
    Hi,

I'll tell you what they won't say outright. Iran has a bad reputation and white people are afraid of your country, your people and having anything to do with you. Nothing will come from pleading your case here except to have more abuse thrown at you.

• HchakHchak Member
    edited January 2014

@tuguhost said: why not just ask your friend to order it?

I can do this, but want to get sure they wont remove my account as they see my network connections coming from IR!

• HchakHchak Member
    edited January 2014

@Oliver said:
    Via Singapore and India routing to Australia seems reasonable. Have you considered services in Australia?

unfortunately its a little high ping time/high latency for me to Australia

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Hchak said:
    unfortunately its a little high ping time/high latency for me to Australia

No problems. Bad luck. :-(

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2014

@skagerrak said:
    If it's a provider seated in the EU it's most likely because the transfer of funds between the EU and Iran is prohibited by Regulation 1263/2012.
    I'm pretty sure that any reasonable proivder won't accept a payment that is made to evade the regulation wheras you are still seated in Iran.

You should read Regulation 1263/2012 completely ;-)

e.g. ...Transfers of funds below EUR 10 000 or equivalent shall not require any prior authorisation or notification..

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2012:356:0034:0054:EN:PDF

There's a lot of exceptions. These include transfers regarding foodstuffs, healthcare, medical equipment or for humanitarian purposes; personal remittances; transfers in connection with a specific, permitted trade contract; transfers for diplomatic or consular missions; and transfers regarding payment to satisfy claims by or against an Iranian person or body.

For each of these categories there is a complex array of limits at which notification to and/or authorisation from the relevant competent authority is required. For example, transfers for personal remittances above €10,000 require notification in advance; transfers above €40,000 must be authorised in advance.

EU sanctions are limited to some financial services, energy sectors and technologies and includes a ban on the provision of insurance and reinsurance by EU insurers to the State of Iran and Iranian owned companies.
    The EU is Iran's largest trading partner, accounting for a third of all Iranian exports.

And US lifted sanctions some time ago too:
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/05/everything-from-iphones-to-vpns-can-now-be-legally-exported-to-iran/
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/144712313/iran-gld

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Spirit said:
    You should read Regulation 1263/2012 completely ;-)

You should so too. Your citation just makes clear that for the financial transaction for a sum up to 10.000,00 Euro no prior authorisation or notification is needed. This, however, does not negate the prohibition of the sale itself.

The Regulation prohibits the sale of any technology and software that uses or provides crypto-technology, see the Annex of the Regulation.

Now, show me a provider that only provides a VPS without SSH and where he disables any encryption in its distro and does not make it possible to have access to package-management (apt, rpm). ;-)

Plus, for UK providers the UK Government explicitly states:

The UK government does not encourage trade with, or investment in, Iran and has withdrawn all commercial support for trade. If you decide to trade with Iran, you do so at your own risk. Having weighed up the risks, the final decision on whether to trade with Iran lies with you. However, if your business dealings get into trouble, the government will not be able to assist.
    Thanked by 1Spirit
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2014

I responded to your "founds transfer" quote and corrected it because you make it look like trade & transfer of funds between the EU and Iran isn't alowed at all which of course isn't correct, but now as you pointed out I will check "crypto-technology" part specificly. Thank you.

btw. statement by government for UK providers you quoted does not ban trade transactions, in contrary - it just warns you that in your transactions with Iran you're not protected and if things go wrong you're on your own.
    That's pretty much the same rl situation we are in with dealings with each other internationally most of the time.

• edited January 2014

I think only the US has sanctions against Iran, so choose a provider that is outside the US

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

@Spirit said:

But:

2012/635/CFSP also prohibits transactions between Union and Iranian banks and inancial institutions, unless authorised in advance by the relevant Member State

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

BuyCPanel_Kevin said: I think only the US has sanctions against Iran, so choose a provider that is outside the US

We're based in Canada but I think Canada has same sanctions.

• @Hchak you could order from Delimiter Arabia http://www.delimiterarabia.com/ they take a variety of local payments including bank transfer, CashU, etc. As they are based in Cairo and Riyadh there should be no issue with making payment/sanctions

• At delimiterarabia.com you can buy a VPS in Israel :D

I'm sorry for this joke...

The EU also has still sanctions against Iran but they wanted to lift some of it in the near future.

• As soon as you connect from high risk country all communications will be under investigation by the big brother ...

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@Jupiter said:
    As soon as you connect from high risk country all communications will be under investigation by the big brother ...

Your communications are already under investigation by the big brother..

Thanked by 1n0my
  • perennate said: Your communications are already under investigation by the big brother..

Recorded but not investigated by law my friend ...

• @Jupiter said:
    As soon as you connect from high risk country all communications will be under investigation by the big brother ...

I would appreciate if they (big brothers!) provide me a vps! then they can more easily see what I'm doing! there's nothing to hide:)

• Hchak said: I would appreciate if they (big brothers!) provide me a vps! then they can more easily see what I'm doing! there's nothing to hide:)

I am not talking about you. Anyone and anything connected to your VPS will be under the big eye ...

• If it is not too cumbersome to do bank wires from iranian banks to russian banks, then a possibility could be to use WebMoney ie. wmtransfer.com. I use WM a lot myself, in and out of Russia and Kazakhstan, but have not been reading all the fine print on their site, so not sure about Iran, but I guess there's no problem.
    So: you create a webmoney account, be sure to spend some time reading their docs, you will need to provide some basic personal data, for ID/authentication/safety purposes, but everything is Russia based only, they have what is called sovereignity and are not dependent of yankish stuff like Visa/Master.
    The key point: you need to top-up your WM electronic wallet. For that you go, from your WM page to https://wire.exchanger.ru, and pick a russian bank as instructed. Send the money by bank wire from Iran, in rubles.
    Then you can pay VPS providers accepting WebMoney. Besides Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, there are mainly some Germany and Central Europe ones, like nqhost.com