Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iweb.com Dedicated Servers ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iweb.com Dedicated Servers ??

20142014 Member
edited January 2014 in Providers

Hello, I hope to host my Image sharing site ( flicker style ) in iweb.com Dedicated Servers...

This All One is 89$

Core2 Quad Q6700 3.06GHz
8GB RAM DDR2 800MHz
1000GB Storage
12TB Monthly Traffic

Second Package is $99\

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 / i5-2500 4GB 2 × 500GB SW 12TB Configure now$99

Our site have Daily 1GB image Uploading and 5-10GB traffic... Please tell me this one is Good for Our site? and iweb.com is good? anyone use ?

Comments

• IWeb is a very solid and reliable provider, I have been with them for more than 3 years now .. 100% uptime and no issues at all.

Beware though they are very picky, you only get SSH access to the server, you have to pay a fee for server reinstalls etc. But their service is very reliable you won't need any support unless you break something yourself.

Thanked by 12014
  • @isalem Thank You Dear, Its good for our site? and Dedicated Servers is good for our site>

• Please

• Their dedicated servers are really good with decent performance both I/O and network wise.

I think it would be an overkill of you don't get alot of traffic, but for a busy site it would be extremely good :)

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited January 2014

The configurations are pretty good(keeping in mind the type of your website) if your website is getting that amount of traffic already.

Thanked by 12014
  • @srvrpro and @isalem

Please tell me what is best one

First package - $89
    Core2 Quad Q6700 3.06GHz 8GB RAM DDR2 800MHz 1000GB Storage 12TB Monthly Traffic

Second Package is $99\

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 / i5-2500 4GB 2 × 500GB SW 12TB Configure

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

First package has worse CPU but more RAM.

• @shovenose Thank You, Tell me what is best one for our site,Please read my top comment; my site is image sharing site.. and tell me 1st one is good or second one?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

First one I guess

Thanked by 12014
  • isalemisalem Member
    edited January 2014

@shovenose said:
    First package has worse CPU but more RAM.

This.

I would go with the first one as well, the Processor isn't that bad and can do the job i guess. and more RAM is always better

Thanked by 12014
  • First one. You could always get better offers on this forum but I am assuming the "trustworthiness" is a factor you are giving high priority to

Thanked by 12014
  • ChumbiChumbi Member
    edited January 2014

Well, since both servers are from their "ready-to-go configurations", it means you won't be able to make any adjustments, such as adding another harddisk. Because I would never run a server with only one disk (no RAID!), my choice between the two would clearly be the second.

I have been running various servers @ iWeb and have mostly positive experience with their network and hardware. When you require support (like for replacing a broken disk), only make sure to give very explicit instruction to avoid any misunderstanding (most of their staff is french-speaking, I believe).

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2014

Does anybody think that the op's site is not so much loaded? I mean, he can do his job with a good VPS (reliable provider, 2GB or more RAM, 250GB HDD). For example, IWStack or DO in cloud environment (so, he can expand easily both HDD and RAM if needed) would cost him much less money and the monthly traffic he needs (~300GB) is lower than standard in offers. And with some bucks more, he can buy a couple of backup vps setting them with rsync just in case.

Thanked by 2k0nsl isalem
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

The first server is 1 driver, but the 2nd is 2 (SW Raid).

• ok thankz

• kerouackerouac Member
    edited January 2014

hello, i don't know about their dedicated, but i used to have a shared hosting with them back when they sold it, it was at least 6 years ago, possibly 8. they aim(ed) to give themselves as many rights as possible (in tos etc) and every extra-ish thing costs money. i don't know how to state this, it's more of the feeling/vibe they've created with me than solid facts. @isalem used the word picky, to describe a less powerful version of the opinion i'm stating. i don't know if the service is stable like he said. never used dedis, and was long time ago.

• They're ok. I will go for the first one (more memory) but make sure you have daily back up. I hope you know that you're buying an unmanaged server. Their dedicated server management fees are extra and they start at $50. Check the bare metal server pricing from managed provider stormondemand.com/pricing/. I have dedicated servers from them and I sleep better. :)

@2014 said:
    Hello, I hope to host my Image sharing site ( flicker style ) in iweb.com Dedicated Servers...

This All One is 89$

Core2 Quad Q6700 3.06GHz
    8GB RAM DDR2 800MHz
    1000GB Storage
    12TB Monthly Traffic

Second Package is $99\

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 / i5-2500 4GB 2 × 500GB SW 12TB Configure now$99

Our site have Daily 1GB image Uploading and 5-10GB traffic... Please tell me this one is Good for Our site? and iweb.com is good? anyone use ?