Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in the EU for gameserver (MTA and SAMP) DDOS protected?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in the EU for gameserver (MTA and SAMP) DDOS protected?

Is there any LEB cheap offer for it?

I dont think i will get a DDOS attack but in this world who know...

Minimum 2-3GB Memory

In the EU

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DDoS protection is expensive in EU, but you can go with OVH they offer it free for their products.
    We offer it for 9 Eur/IP besides the server cost. So, an OVerZold 4 GB will be some 15 Eur a month with the DDoS protection.

• OVH, Overzold or some Voxility reseller

• Wait, does OVerZold allow game servers? On OpenVZ?

edited December 2013

OVerZold allows everything except Tor exit nodes, camfrog servers, bitcoin and similar computing, illegal stuff, open proxies.
    The rest, just keep your load below the number of cores and you can use all ram/traffic/disk.
    OVerZold/XenPower are budget brands where you should not host critical apps, we enforce the resource limits harshly, unlike on our Pro and Biz plans where are lenient and very lenient leaving always margins for spikes. If you go over the limit on CPU on OVerZold, we shut it down if an alarm is triggered. We look who is over the limit and if this happened before, we may even suspend it.
    That rarely happens on the other plans and almost never on Biz plans, we first notify the user and if this continues, offer an upgrade/another solution, but will not shutdown/suspend unless phishing/hacking/similar stuff to protect both us and them in the emergency.

I explained in plain English our ToS/AUP, look for the link in my signature.

• @Maounique said:

Hm, you learn something new everyday! I might have to give Prometeus a shot one of these days. Also, in the ToS/AUP you mentioned, it says "illegal in Italy to provide anonymous service" are they really that strict? And does that law only apply to internet based companies, or is it for all businesses?

edited December 2013

Oh, it is much worse than you can think. First all providers have to be registered and keep records of the traffic. Fortunately, we were able to avoid that because we do not offer internet access, like adsl/cable/fiber, 3/4G, wi-fi, you know what i mean, but they are bent to pass the changes to force us do the same too. It might become impossible to host in Italy in a year or two, this is why we are already thinking of contingency plans with expansions, like keeping the Italian location only for businesses and individuals abroad, otherwise we will have to ask for IDs and payment through banks, god knows what will they invent. Uncle has been raided a few times already since the business is registered at his home so the cops and judges said, hum, this guy has so many IPs at home, he must have a bullet-proof bunker in his kids room...
    You dont know what he's been through trying to offer decent services to friends here, he is too modest to admit the struggle for a free internet he is conducting through passive resistance so far.
    And in exchange ? Abuse and hacking and cracking and crap because people dont like my opinions here and like to serve the propaganda and crap about who has something to hide ?
    How many international providers do you know in Italy ? And are not linked with us somehow ? Very few, and there is a reason for this.

• Maounique said: How many international providers do you know in Italy ?

Only 1 http://www.prometeus.net/ actually

• I think http://www.seflow.net/ is also international provider.

@tux said:
    I think http://www.seflow.net/ is also international provider.

Yes, we got DDoS protection from them. Thanks !

• @Maounique said:

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I wonder how that'll play out for budget dedicated server companies like SeFlow? Could you imagine if that were to happen to France, OVH would be done.

Anyways, even though I don't have a service with Prometeus, tell uncle thanks for keeping everything up and keeping the internet free for everyone :)

Thanked by 1Maounique

II wonder how much will he be able to resist, but I hope a long time and we will even win in the end, otherwise have already plans to retire in the forests...
    There is a reason I like and work for him and that is not money, I would do it for free.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@tux said:
    I think http://www.seflow.net/ is also international provider.

Yes, they are :)

And there are several others :P

• just get a server provider of choice and then cover the server with a service from

http://www.x4b.net/protection/features

its cheap and works.

• @Maounique said:
    II wonder how much will he be able to resist, but I hope a long time and we will even win in the end, otherwise have already plans to retire in the forests...
    There is a reason I like and work for him and that is not money, I would do it for free.

Gosh, will you even get internet in the forests? Well, from the day I first met uncle, which would be yesterday, he seems like a nice person and I wish him the best and I certainly hope he doesn't have to move to the forests anytime soon.

• Go with overzold and get a protected IP there, they are better than OVH and OVH has too many false positives for UDP services and their protection needs ~2 minutes to kick in.

• @tr1cky said:
    Go with overzold and get a protected IP there, they are better than OVH and OVH has too many false positives for UDP services and their protection needs ~2 minutes to kick in.

Is it in Italy?

• Why do you need so much RAM for MTA?
    I'm helping out with administrating MTA server and we're completely ok with 512MB RAM (~80 players) . The CPU is a little bit bigger issue.

• Resell MTA and SAMP :). We have a great admin panel for it.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Is there any LEB cheap offer for it?

I think $7 budget is too small for 2-3GB Memory VPS with DDOS protection.

• Many hosts that are towards SA-MP, are using OVH in France AFAIK.

• @Mark_R said:
    just get a server provider of choice and then cover the server with a service from

http://www.x4b.net/protection/features

its cheap and works.

Did you tried that service? It seems really good, but does it really work for UDP applications such as gameservers?

• @mati233 said:
    Did you tried that service? It seems really good, but does it really work for UDP applications such as gameservers?
    @mati233 said:

Yes, GRE Tunnel.

• Hmmm, any decent DDoS protected VPS providers in East Europe? Romania? Estonia? etc

• @c0y said:
    Hmmm, any decent DDoS protected VPS providers in East Europe? Romania? Estonia? etc

Get a romanian vps with edis.at and buy romanian DDoS protection from x4b.net if you really need Romania as a location.

• @tr1cky said:

Not a bad idea, thanks