Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jolly Works Hosting Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jolly Works Hosting Review

So my VPS has been down since December 9 due to their bad OpenVZ images (mainly Ubuntu 12.04). Their response was "Ubuntu 12 currently has issues running on SolusVM/OpenVZ technology" which is BS. They keep saying they're working on fixing it but it often takes multiple poking from me to get a response. I can't see how they can run a server business with bad OpenVZ images, especially for such a popular distribution like Ubuntu. So buyer beware.

Comments

• markmagnomarkmagno Member
    edited December 2013

@WellGrounded said:
    So my VPS has been down since December 9 due to their bad OpenVZ images (mainly Ubuntu 12.04). Their response was "Ubuntu 12 currently has issues running on SolusVM/OpenVZ technology" which is BS. They keep saying they're working on fixing it but it often takes multiple poking from me to get a response. I can't see how they can run a server business with bad OpenVZ images, especially for such a popular distribution like Ubuntu. So buyer beware.

Hello!

Sorry about that issue. The problem on the Ubuntu 12.04 and other newer templates such as 13.10 is that some of our node servers are still in OVZ kernel 028. We're on schedule to upgrade kernels of these nodes and expect it to be done gradually (since we need to do it on the most off-peak hours).

May I please know your ticket number to address the issue for you properly?

Please note that having outdated kernels and non-working OVZ templates does not represent Jolly Works Hosting and how we run our business as a whole. We're very focused on customer satisfaction and service. Our 4 years existence in the industry and clientele for years can attest to that. :)

• markmagno said: still in OVZ kernel 028.

/etc/vz/osrelease.conf is your friend.

Thanked by 1markmagno
  • markmagnomarkmagno Member
    edited December 2013

@Jack said:
    osrelease.conf is a load of bollocks, I just decided upgrading to .32 was the best way forward.

Agree. The plan right now though is to upgrade to 042. Other nodes are on this version and it can run newer OVZ templates.

• Good luck Mark

Thanked by 1markmagno
  • @jcaleb said:
    Good luck Mark

Thank you, sir.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Love to see successful Filipino owned hosting business. May Jolly Works and Fraphost grow more.

Thanked by 1markmagno
  • @jcaleb TacticalVPS is Filipino owned too!

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @jcaleb @Ian_ @markmagno @FrapHost All I can say is Mabuhay mahaba at yumabong! :)

Thanked by 2markmagno jcaleb
  • Thanks guys!

• wow! ang dami pala natin dito!

• And all the best for Tactical VPS too!

• @Ian_ now go work on TacticalVps website. A whmcs is not a website.

• vampireJ said: now go work on TacticalVps website. A whmcs is not a website.

At least the service is just work. ;)

• @markmagno I appreciate the response, and I don't mean badly on your business, it was just frustrating not having a working a VPS for almost a month now :) My ticket ID is 402617

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited December 2013

I was their client some time ago, and had a Hosting Reseller account.
    It happened that they had a technical problem and all data was lost, including mine. This make me cancell the services with them and change to companies which maintain at least weekly backups.