Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need A Cheap Large Disk Space VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need A Cheap Large Disk Space VPS

Hello,

I need a reliable, cheap VPS with large disk space and awesome network speeds.

My requirements include

Cpu: 1 core
RAM: 256MB or 512MB
Hard disk: 100Gb+ (at least 100GB)
Network: high speeds required because I need to host small video files here and they will be streamed on another website.
I don't know about 100mbps or 1gbps port difference but if we use IDM my current download speed is 1mb/s and for VPS I need at least 3mb/s. Higher would be better.

My budget is extremely low. You can say $5 per month but I will use more than 1 vps if service is great.

The service should be reliable and known on the web. So, my main focus would be on hard disk and network speeds.

Comments

• Backupsy. They're running a special right now, 250GB for $5. Add $2 if you want to use it as a normal VPS though.

Thanked by 1toorhamza
  • said: I need a reliable, cheap VPS with large disk space and awesome network speeds.

I would like a large, fresh and juicy steak with all the trimmings, for the price of a MacDonald's Happy Meal please.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • mazkermazker Member
    edited December 2013

Try our plans.

https://buymyvm.com/vps.html

Also you may try buyvm storage plans(don't confuse buyvm with buymyvm)

• Nekki said: I would like a large, fresh and juicy steak with all the trimmings, for the price of a MacDonald's Happy Meal please.

OP Said that his budget is around $5/mo and he is looking for ~100GB storage. There are many decent offers in this price range (For Example: Backupsy, Fliphost). He didn't ask for anything absurd.

So why are you trolling?

• Your website doesn't even load for me

• @ironhide said:
    So why are you trolling?

I'm not trolling, I'm commenting on (in my opinion) the absurdity of the request (I want awesome and lots of it, for very little), in a light-hearted manner.

You don't agree, fine, but please don't accuse me of deliberately trying to provoke an argument.

You're a disgrace to the name you've taken, Optimus would be most disappointed in you.

Happy holidays!

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited December 2013

Dude.. are you stupid?

Your website doesn't load for me

• @joodle said:
    Your website doesn't load for me

Same here.

• @mazker Your site only shows blank page.

• Thanks for the answers. I guess fliphost is good for me but they only accept paypal. Secondly xenpower.com also seems to be good. Any reviews for it?

• Same here site wont load :(

• Page finally loaded.

WORST LOGO EVER.

But seriously, loads of non-working links (live chat, social media), looks very unprofessional; maybe get the site sorted before you start selling?

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Backupsy. They're running a special right now, 250GB for $5. Add $2 if you want to use it as a normal VPS though.

Can I get clarification on this. I though backupsy "is" a normal vps?
    What's the $2 for?

• @jebat_ks said:

If you don't pay the additional $2, you can only use a backupsy VPS for anything related to backups like rsync, FTP, etc., anything that doesn't help in taking backups isn't allowed.

• Nekki said: Optimus would be most disappointed in you.

So, which one is Bumblebee?

• @jebat_ks said:
    Can I get clarification on this. I though backupsy "is" a normal vps? What's the $2 for?

It's a normal VPS with some usage restrictions. $2 removes those restrictions.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    So, which one is Bumblebee?

You can be Bumblebee if you like, I can't think of an obvious candidate. Obviously I'm Hot Rod.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

Nekki said: You can be Bumblebee if you like, I can't think of an obvious candidate. Obviously I'm Hot Rod.

So all I have to do just stay quite and produce sound like "brrrrrr bbbzckk crackkkkk auuuu yeah" :P

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited December 2013

Nekki said: Obviously I'm Hot Rod.

I am sure that you are a decepticon in disguise

• @toorhamza Backupsy quite a solid provider. Their main company also sells dedicated servers.

• jebat_ksjebat_ks Member
    edited December 2013

@dhamaniasad said:

Did they actually restrict/lock something, or is it just usage policy?

• @jebat_ks said:

Its just a usage policy, but if you don't follow the policy, your VPS can get suspended/terminated.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    So all I have to do just stay quite and produce sound like "brrrrrr bbbzckk crackkkkk auuuu yeah" :P

NO! DO NOT SPEAK OF THOSE MOVIES IN MY PRESENCE!

@ironhide said:
    I am sure that you are a decepticon in disguise

A prize for you if you can name the Autobot who was also a Decepticon?

• @dhamaniasad said:

ahh...

I've actually tried backupsy before just didn't notice of this particular limitation. I guess @serverian use it to avoid unnecessary resource trashing by some, as there really no way to enforce the "backup server" only policy

• Nekki said: A prize for you if you can name the Autobot who was also a Decepticon?

Heh heh heh.. that would be my bloody uncle who loves to fart, Jetfire. :P

• jhjh Member

Backupsy are excellent.

Thanked by 1toorhamza
  • @vRozenSch00n said:
    Heh heh heh.. that would be my bloody uncle who loves to fart, Jetfire. :P

Nope, Jetfire was an Autobot who was tricked into becoming a Decepticon temporarily.

There's a Transformers who's both...

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Backupsy. They're running a special right now, 250GB for $5. Add $2 if you want to use it as a normal VPS though.

I have visited them and there 250GB package price is $10 but no $5? I can only see a coupon of 40% of lifetime which makes $10 package of $6 + $2 for no restrictions and a total recurring payment of $8 is charged?

Where is the special offer of $5?

• Nekki said: There's a Transformers who's both...

Sentinel Prime :P