Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got the new ips from ipxcore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

got the new ips from ipxcore

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
edited December 2013 in Reviews

one of my friend received the email containing the ips for the said ipchange in december from ipxcore...

and as they had promised, they are giving time till this month end to set things up...

Comments

• Also changed for me. Very smoothly handled by @damian and co, thanks for being so professional.

• This news requires a new thread at LET? Wow.

Thanked by 3gsrdgrdghd Amfy Ishaq
  • @rajprakash said:
    This news requires a new thread at LET? Wow.

To be fair matey, people are quick to open threads bitching when this stuff goes wrong, so why not a thread to point out when thing are being done right? It's just a useful to know which providers can handle an operation like IP changes as it is those that can't.

Thanked by 2agentmishra geekalot
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Reminds me that I need to check my vpn installation so it has the new ip.
    Could have been an embarissing situation otherwise.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

thanks @Nekki

• @Nekki said:
    To be fair matey, people are quick to open threads bitching when this stuff goes wrong, so why not a thread to point out when thing are being done right? It's just a useful to know which providers can handle an operation like IP changes as it is those that can't.

As much as this place has become an online soap opera, I have to agree here ... IPXCore did an absolute stellar job on their IP migration; unlike the IP migrations I have had to endure from 2 other providers in the same week. (what's going on with all these moves btw?)

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2013

This has been, pretty much, a complete nightmare on our end of things. So it's good to know that we're managing the situation well enough that it's not actually effecting our users.

• Damian said: This has been, pretty much, a complete nightmare on our end of things.

Sry if this was answered in another thread but why did you have to switch IP ranges?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Getting own ARIN allocation, IIRC.

• We got our own allocation, but it's not from ARIN.

I really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to BGP sessions and whatnot, and no one else on the team can provide that knowledge, so rather than subjecting our client base to potential issues while we learn such things, we were able to engage someone else to provide us with IPs AND manage all of the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

This is obviously slightly more expensive than getting our own IPs directly from ARIN, but i'd rather pay slightly more and not cause issues for our clients than to cheap out and force our users to endure our gaffes.

Thanked by 1ska