Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi relaunched!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi relaunched!

tortautortau Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Was looking for info on some server specs and noticed the website was refreshed with new (or old, depending on how you see it) offers!

http://www.kimsufi.com/

Update: Meh, they seem to charge 10 euros for installation now.

Thanked by 1earl

Comments

• Tenshi_420Tenshi_420 Member
    edited December 2013

10 euro is still good. (For a one time fee)*

Now I'm a bit confused.
    Is this for France only and I heard rumours that OVH is planning to target gaming community customers- something about gaming hardware, anyways, I hope USA clients could, anyone has tried post here plz!

• I've heard that they will allow the customers outside EU to order through ovh.ie, maybe it'll be clear when the .ie finished update their product line.

• Hmm never knew OVH had their own cloud storage - https://hubic.com/

Free 25GB signup too.

• @Tenshi_420 said:

Now I'm a bit confused.
    Is this for France only and I heard rumours that OVH is planning to target gaming community customers- something about gaming hardware, anyways, I hope USA clients could, anyone has tried post here plz!

I can't confirm anything but Oles said US citizens can buy them

• ATHK said: Hmm never knew OVH had their own cloud storage - https://hubic.com/

They also cap speeds.. (i think it's around 10Mbps)

• Have to ask which is the better ovh fr dc? Rbx or gravelines

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited December 2013

And they now charge for installation (one-time i believe) for all their dedi

kimsufi / ovh / soyoustart (their new line i guess)

• @Tenshi_420 said:

Now I'm a bit confused.

rumours are now truth

www.soyoustart.com

• What is the best configuration of above all, they seem to be a lot of them there.

• its still 2 server per customer?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited December 2013

PS-30 with a Core i7-3770S (9000+ Passmark!) is a pretty damn good deal for 30.00€/mo.

But what interests me most is that the page lists BHS as a location option... even though nothing's selectable there yet that can only be a good sign.

• can non-EU order??

• fanfan Veteran

Let's see if they remove the limitations for non-EU customers.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited December 2013

i think, they seperated the user base. i cant log in to kimsufi with my current account (country limitations? )

and new user registration has united states but not a choice like others for those not listed in country section.

• Oles said this on the French forum when someone asking about availablity for non listed countries:

Yes. everyone. the command will open gradually
    in the week and again next week. the site will pass
    in 20 languages ​​and will also handle multiple currencies.

So slowly they will add all countries.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • If only RAID was available.

• wych said: If only RAID was available.

PS-5 and above show 2x500GB HDDs, so you should be able to use software RAID1 there.

• wow, the n2800 model i got for 2,99 now it's 13 euro per month. It has an additional 500gb disk for softraid, but i got mine everything included (setup, ddos protection) for 35.88/yr when this one is 165.99 so the new price is just 462% of the old one! NEARLY FIVEFOLD Maybe the second 500gb disk they offer is a very exclusive and rare model. OR they completely miscalculated prices just a few months ago.

pity i bought only one, but i already paid for an additional year, so to keep that deal at least until august 2015. Unless Octave once again changes his mind and decide to terminate already paid and active contracts.

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

online.net also added some stock

• @marrco said:
    wow, the n2800 model i got for 2,99 now it's 13 euro per month. It has an additional 500gb disk for softraid, but i got mine everything included (setup, ddos protection) for 35.88/yr when this one is 165.99 so the new price is just 462% of the old one! NEARLY FIVEFOLD Maybe the second 500gb disk they offer is a very exclusive and rare model. OR they completely miscalculated prices just a few months ago.

Or maybe the plan was to get experience with the product and set internal procedures up for the real launch while creating publicity.

• marrco said: OR they completely miscalculated prices just a few months ago.

This... They realized they weren't sustainable (because they didn't calculate in the chance people would switch from corporate servers to cheapass kimsufis)

• The new offers are amazing.
    Especially the PS-30 for 30€ with an i7 3770S and raid.

Thanked by 1c0y
  • loonylamp said: while creating publicity.

It did create a lot of publicity. A lot of bad publicity for them.

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited December 2013

With install fee.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited December 2013

rds100 said: It did create a lot of publicity. A lot of bad publicity for them.

♫ ♪
    You better watch out,
    You better not cry,
    Better not pout,
    I'm telling you why:
    Oles does what-ever s'on mind.
    ♫ ♪

wait.... he just changed his mind, again, on setup fees and anual prices, atm just for SYS & OVH line, but this guy is a myth, so maybe he'll change setup prices also for kimsufi

Setup fees/Upfront payments
    Hello,

The setup fees are €49 on the SYS servers and €99, €199 or €299 on the OVH servers. These are one-off fees.
    For those of you that only need your server for 2-3 months, this is not a good solution.
    So we will spread these setup fees over 6 months, with no tie-ins.

• SYS: €49 set up fee or +€10/month for 6 months
    • OVH: €99 set up fee or +€20/month for 6 months
    • OVH: €199 set up fee or +€40/month for 6 months
    • OVH: €299 set up fee or +€60/month for 6 months

No tie-ins? Yes, that's right.
    So for example, if you only want a SYS server for 3 months, then don't pay the setup fee. Just take your SYS server and pay €10/month for these 3 months. If on the other hand, you want the server for 1-2 years, you have the choice of either paying €10/month for 6 months, followed by the standard price, or you can simply pay €49 in one go, and then the standard price. Basically, it's up to you. On our side, this does mean that we have some turnover to deal with, but with the monthly server price at €10 more, it's not a problem.

We have also been asked about discounts for 6 months and 12 months paid up front, so here is what we have decided.
    For new servers:

• An upfront payment of 12 months cancels out the setup fees, which equates to approximately 10% discount.

For servers over 12 months old:

• for a 6 month renewal, you will only be charged for 5 months, which equates to 15% discount
    • for a 12 month renewal, you will only be charged for 9 months, equating to 30% discount

This will be applied shortly.

Regards,

Octave

well, maybe he will change his mind again and again and AGAIN also because:

for a 12 month renewal, you will only be charged for 9 months, equating to 30% discount

no Octave, sorry, that's not a 30% but a 25% discount, even if you're OVH boss. But maybe that will be the new price next week

Sometimes i feel bad for the people working there.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Do they do document verification on these too?...

• What happened to the US site?

• @Jeffrey said:
    What happened to the US site?

Uh, nothing? http://www.ovh.com/us/index.xml

• Who cares?

• Meh, screw OVH. Not buying, due to their setup fee now.

Just went with Online.net instead......very fast setup, no ID required and new HDD.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey