Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone need free billing? :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone need free billing? :)

jhjh Member
edited December 2013 in General

Hi everyone,

I've decided to 'open up' Loading Deck, i.e. make it free.

More information is here.

Also happy to answer any questions. If you do decide to use it, an announcement retweet or follow @loadingdeck on Twitter would be appreciated :)

This is not specifically for web hosts, and web hosts will see some limitations (e.g. order form is still being made) but freelancers - designers, consultants etc. should really enjoy it.

James

Comments

• October 2013?

• jhjh Member

Ishaq said: October 2013?

At least then, probably forever. Full details are on the link.

• Sounds great. What about those who already have paid account ?

• jhjh Member

alexvolk said: What about those who already have paid account ?

There are a handful of people on trials, which will become part of this as well.

• LeeLee Veteran

I think you missed the point above. The date is October 2013, i.e in the past.

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited December 2013

Looks really good... Might use it in a project :)

Is there any demos available?

• jhjh Member

W1V_Lee said: I think you missed the point above. The date is October 2013, i.e in the past.

Woops! That should of course be 2014.

Makkesk8 said: Looks really good... Might use it in a project :)

Is there any demos available?

Not as such but there are some screenshots.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited December 2013

@jhadley you spend a lot of resources in this so any specific reason to make it free? Like Sales being one of them?

Edit: Or that was a different product and this being a different one?

• jhjh Member

MikeIn said: you spend a lot of resources in this so any specific reason to make it free? Like Sales being one of them?

There is some information on that at the link above however in a nutshell it's because I think the value of the research I can do by opening up the system exceeds what I think I could gain by charging £10/month.

I'd been contemplating this for some time and more recently I've spoken to some of the people supervising my existing research and the conversations I've had seem to point to this as well.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Is it still going to be pay per gateway?

• jhjh Member

AnthonySmith said: Is it still going to be pay per gateway?

Paypal and GoCardless are free. At the moment everything else is via Spreedly and therefore a cost that'll have to be passed on. In the future this will probably change.

• Hosted only? The interface is a bit confusing as well, I guess I have to add a client, . Can't find any docs and the Help page seems to be missing.

Shows some potential but it's got a long way to go.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Surely people are not using your spreedly API credentials though so I don't understand what cost is passed on?

• Not to sound negative but...

Free until October 2014. By that time you'll love the software and to stay, you'll be forced to pay an unknown amount per month?

Not truly free software .. more like a 1 year trial so you get comfortable, then pay whatever they ask. What will the cost be after the year?

Or am I missing something?

• jhjh Member

nunim said: Hosted only? The interface is a bit confusing as well, I guess I have to add a client, . Can't find any docs and the Help page seems to be missing.

Hosted only, yes. You have to add a client before you can do anything. Please send me an email with everything you think's confusing and we'll try to fix it up.

AnthonySmith said: Surely people are not using your spreedly API credentials though so I don't understand what cost is passed on?

Yes, they are using the LD Spreedly account. Spreedly is designed to be used in this way.

eric1212 said: Or am I missing something?

If you read the page at the link in the first post it explains everything. To reiterate, the aim is to create some solid research so it won't be a case of tying people in and forcing them to pay anything.