Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic Solutions, LLC - You Asked, We Delivered!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic Solutions, LLC - You Asked, We Delivered!

SkylarMSkylarM Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Head Decoration

Logo

Menu

Logo

Crissic's Continuous Improvement Strategy

Here at Crissic we strive to become one of the leaders in hosting, that's why we have adopted a philosophy of continuous improvement with an open door policy with our clients. This holiday season, we invested a large amount of time and money to improve services based on feedback from our clients.

We expect these changes to cement our reputation of:
Affordability, High Performance and Great Support

Divider

Disk Upgrades

We have seen quite a bit of talk about our disk speeds, that's why we have decided it was time to upgrade our disks to something more robust and agile. We purposely did not go with "Pure SSD" because we did not want to increase our prices or lower our disk space like most hosts do.

What we did was bring in 12x RE4 enterprise drives in RAID10 on a blazing fast Dell H700 with BBU - providing similar performance to Pure SSD without the price overhead.

Disk Speed Graph

CPU Upgrades

This is actually our second CPU upgrade in the past two months. We started out at a modest "Dual L5520" and upgraded to "Dual L5639's". Then we thought to ourselves during a meeting, why stop there? That's why we brought in Dual X5660's for our new nodes.

Want More?

Of course that's not all! Beginning in late January to early February, our upstream provider will be adding in PCCW to our bandwidth blend. This means significant gains in connectivity, as well as a reduction of latency to our Asian customers, and improved connectivity to Brazil!

Think that's it? Well, we have some more news for you - we have received feedback on our abuse prevention strategies and decided to make a few potential changes. We are going to remove the IO limitations and the high load reboots that have been plaguing many of our customers!

You'll get all this as well as the awesome support we are known for!

With our fully owned hardware and our own ASN ... We take hosting seriously.

Divider

Looking for a good deal on our new powerful servers?
Don't worry, we have a promotion coming soon!

ServerBear

Thanked by 3isalem arieonline kyaky

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Great post. I look forward to seeing your promotion! Could do with a new dev box :)

• Added a serverbear benchmark :)

• any ssd cached in near future?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited December 2013

@niceboy said:
    any ssd cached in near future?

The nodes have the availability to provide SSD caching, but we feel that the raw performance outweighs any "gain" that SSD caching would provide. If we feel there is a need for it in the future we will do it, but I don't see much gain in our existing setup.

600Mbps results should do well enough I'd say ;)

• So new orders will see disk io like 600 Mb/s ?

is it the order page? https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=4

• @ironhide said:
    So new orders will see disk io like 600 Mb/s ?

is it the order page? https://my.crissic.net/cart.php?gid=4

Yes they will :)

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • Thanks @SkylarM, the order page link is still good to go?

• @ironhide said:
    Thanks SkylarM, the order page link is still good to go?

Those are the promo's we are running for the new hardware yes. We'll make an official LET offer thread later, but you are free to use that to order new service as you wish.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • Skylar are these new features implemented all of your nodes or only to the newer nodes?

My results from one of your vps

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.3985 s, 52.6 MB/s

• @mafidom said:
    Skylar are these new features implemented all of your nodes or only to the newer nodes?

My results from one of your vps

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.3985 s, 52.6 MB/s

Only new nodes. Existing clients should expect an upgrade timeline of the next few months. I'd like to start doing upgrades starting beginning of January for existing nodes with optional migrations, and then forced migrations later on.

Thanked by 1isalem
  • isalemisalem Member
    edited December 2013

I was reading the post, then went ahead and did a DD test .. before continuing on to the comment that said existing clients will still have to wait a couple of months :P

Splendid news though! A much needed upgrade! Can't wait!

• Pretty cool! Service for me has been rock solid so far! Looking forward to the new improvements.

• Servers in Germany , NL or UK pleasee!

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited December 2013

@raza19 said:
    Servers in Germany , NL or UK pleasee!

We do not have any immediate plans for expansion at this time.

• @SkylarM said:

Wait for your KVM offer with lowend price :D

• Are you still having the special that on LEB just a few hours ago? Seems it has disappeared.

• @NathanZepol said:
    Are you still having the special that on LEB just a few hours ago? Seems it has disappeared.

Yeah not sure why it's been removed, the offer is still valid. @mpkossen ?

• SkylarM said: Yeah not sure why it's been removed, the offer is still valid. @mpkossen ?

Check your ticket :-)

• @mpkossen said:

Responded >,<

• SkylarM said: Responded >,<

Thank you :-)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

SSD is not about DD it is about IOPS.
    Busy databases, even on fast disks, will still trash them with seeks.
    A ssd cache at least for reads would do a lot to relieve the pressure on the array.

• great news anyway.. keep it up :-)

• @SkylarM said:
    Those are the promo's we are running for the new hardware yes. We'll make an official LET offer thread later, but you are free to use that to order new service as you wish.

Any coupon code that needs to be applied?

• c0yc0y Member
    edited December 2013

@Maounique said:
    SSD is not about DD it is about IOPS.
    Busy databases, even on fast disks, will still trash them with seeks.
    A ssd cache at least for reads would do a lot to relieve the pressure on the array.

FINALLY

@c0y said:
    FINALLY

Why, did I ever say something different ?

• @Maounique said:

Because everyone only care about dd test. Low dd test with higher iops is better than high dd test but lower iops for me.

edited December 2013

I do not contest that. I was always against the relevance people put in the "dd test".
    SSDs are not made for fast writes, on the contrary, they are made for fast data access, especially reading the big advantage is the insignificant seek time and the possibility to do both reads and writes in the same time with 0 wait.
    On mechanical drives you have to wait for the actuator positioning and then for the sector to come under. Seek time is much bigger as it depends on movement and the actuator cannot do read and write in the same time, even with multiple platters, since they cannot spin individually, the problem persists.
    However, SSDs do have a bigger delay on write than read and writing wears them off in time, therefore they are great for reading data but will not do much better or even worse than a mechanical disk in the sequential write test.

• @joelgm said:
    Any coupon code that needs to be applied?

No coupon :) We'll post an offer on LET in a few.

• @SkylarM said:
    No coupon :) We'll post an offer on LET in a few.

Whats with your offer which was on LEB for a few hours?

• @trexos said:
    Whats with your offer which was on LEB for a few hours?

Unsure.