Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago VPS Acceptable Usage Policy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago VPS Acceptable Usage Policy

xdevko007xdevko007 Member
edited December 2013 in Providers

Hello,

Newbie here, i just bought chicago vps.
Anyone here have CVPS too?
Just want to ask if someone know the summary of what is allowed and not allowed in their policy? I can't seem to understand much of the TOS in their website.

I don't see Minecraft, VPN, TOR, Torrent that are not allowed.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

Comments

• pretty much everything you want to know is here http://chicagovps.net/downloads/AcceptableUsePolicy_ChicagoVPS.pdf

• @peppr said:
    pretty much everything you want to know is here http://chicagovps.net/downloads/AcceptableUsePolicy_ChicagoVPS.pdf

Thanks, i dont see any vpn, meaning i can use it as my personal vpn?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Come on @pepper you know that is TLDR for our friend. @xdevko007 consider using the search feature in most all browsers. It makes it easy to target what your looking for. However it looks like all the things you listed are allowed or have zero policy, Not going to read the policy however searching for Minecraft lead me to coin mining is strictly prohibited.

Thanked by 1xdevko007
  • xdevko007 said: Thanks, i dont see any vpn, meaning i can use it as my personal vpn?

Most providers here allow/at-least keep a blind eye on personal VPN, however it is best you create a ticket and get confirmed by their staff, just to avoid surprises at a later date.

Thanked by 1xdevko007
  • xdevko007xdevko007 Member
    edited December 2013

@ryanarp said:
    Come on pepper you know that is TLDR for our friend. xdevko007 consider using the search feature in most all browsers. It makes it easy to target what your looking for. However it looks like all the things you listed are allowed or have zero policy, Not going to read the policy however searching for Minecraft lead me to coin mining is strictly prohibited.

Yes thanks. that's what i just did earlier both in TOS and in thr PDF didn't find any, and that is why, just for confirmation i ask LET. thanks guys. i think i made a wrong decision buying? lols. i see a lot of negative reviews and good as well just to be fair.

Bought 2GB ram,50GB hdd for 60$/3yrs, a cyber monday offer from CVPS in LEB.

• xdevko007 said: Thanks, i dont see any vpn, meaning i can use it as my personal vpn?

Yes, you can.

Thanked by 1xdevko007
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Make sure personal is personal, meaning you need authentication.
    If your app is not supporting authentication you are out of luck, no provider here will allow open proxies in their network.