Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

drserver.net review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

drserver.net review

I'm here today to review @drserver's service.

It's my first review and I'm a horrible writer so excuse me for any grammar mistakes or misunderstandings.

I managed to grab a box while they were giving it out for their testing period. They're using Xen instead of OpenVZ.

First off, let's get to the benchmarks:
root@ubuntu:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2133.484 MHz Total amount of ram : 1000 MB Total amount of swap : 1021 MB System uptime : 8 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 28.4MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 21.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 24.5MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.42MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.20MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.37MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 21.1MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 25.6MB/s I/O speed : 63.2 MB/s root@ubuntu:~#

root@ubuntu:/tmp/speedtest-cli# ./speedtest_cli.py Retrieving speedtest.net configuration... Retrieving speedtest.net server list... Testing from WholeSale Internet (173.208.216.99)... Selecting best server based on ping... Hosted by DigitalOne AG (Reston, VA) [87.31 km]: 15.656 ms Testing download speed........................................ Download: 631.98 Mbit/s Testing upload speed.................................................. Upload: 37.76 Mbit/s root@ubuntu:/tmp/speedtest-cli#

And finally, http://pastebin.com/7gChHMDc

Yes, yes, complain about the IO, but they're using SATA drives.
The low uptime was due to my reboot. The catch here is you get your very own CPU. Abuse it as you wish.

Performance: Handles quite well. They made the right choice to choose Xen and only allow 24 users on the node. What that means for the users is there is less likely to be abuses and the node will handle more steadily. Uptime is not a problem. It's been up since the day I got it except for my reboot today.

Support: Support is well. As I mentioned, they offer free (that's right) support over Skype. Not many providers can say they do that. Andrej (founder of drserver) has helped me numerous times over Skype. He even helped me install a few softwares on my VPS (who are not with him). That's really impressive if you ask me.

Summary: I'm obviously impressed with them. And to remind you, this was during their beta testing period, so all of this was offered to me for free.

Thanked by 1drserver

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Casius Thank you for your review

• @drserver Very nice template and sweet idea! I will keep you guys on my mind. :)

Thanked by 1drserver

@Jeffrey thank you for kind words.

• The template is nice. It seems now every order is handled case by case?

Thanked by 1drserver

@JerryHou Every order is fraud checked, if it passes, then we do manual install. I am glad that you like template. I have done it myself.

@bigdarkmad thank you

• Here's some info for the VPS I had from @drserver for 2 days

-- uptime ------------------------------------------------------
         04:16:33 up 2 days, 16 min,  2 users,  load average: 6.34, 5.23, 4.87
        -- I/O ---------------------------------------------------------
        16384+0 records in
        16384+0 records out
        1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 19.6213 s, 54.7 MB/s

The load is always higher than 4, but it is still up & running. At least 4 providers had suspended my VPS for this test.

This is exactly what I was looking before, a VPS where all the stupid pieces of code can be tolerated. The only consequence is the time to complete a task will be longer. But at least not worry too much for being called abusive.

Highly recommended for such situations.

Thanked by 1drserver

@recycleddomain Thank you for your review