Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Compiling Debian + OpenVZ /w VSwap ?

Compiling Debian + OpenVZ /w VSwap ?

MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
edited March 2012 in General

Hey Everyone.

Has anyone had any success building OpenVZ with VSWAP on Debian, I've tried to compile it using the RHEL VSwap patches and it compiles, but doesn't boot.

So I was wondering if anyone else has any success at it? I really hate CentOS and prefer Debian, but would prefer the VSWAP feature.

Daniel.

Comments

• Did you try converting an OpenVZ .rpm to .deb, such as described here: https://plus.google.com/114658067490332530482/posts/dbHMM22nRv1

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • Ah, I got the Debian kernel and tried the rhel 6 OpenVZ Patch which is ment to work; I'll give this a go.

Daniel.

• @Daniel said: Ah, I got the Debian kernel and tried the rhel 6 OpenVZ Patch which is ment to work; I'll give this a go.

We used the alien method on our stuff when we've needed to rush out dev kernels.

No issues to date, works nicely :)

Francisco

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN, PPTP, FUSE, SIT & GRE Enabled! / Stallion Control Panel
  • @Francisco BuyVm rushing? O_O

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• @Taylor said: @Francisco BuyVm rushing? O_O

On the .32 kernels we were having to rush some since it was blowing out all the time. :(

BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based / TUN, PPTP, FUSE, SIT & GRE Enabled! / Stallion Control Panel
  • Thanks.

I prefer Debian, out-of-the-box Debian uses around 32MB of RAM on a server, where as CentOS uses around 120MB

Daniel.