Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Cancellation Roundup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Today's Cancellation Roundup

Cancelled a few VPSs today:

Bitaccel - Since my extended downtime with them I've heard nothing. No idea if they're really a viable business. I'd decided not to stay around to find out.

ErrantWeb - My recent extended downtime has been followed by long periods of really bad performance. (Whose trashing the node today?) Enough, I say.

Iniz - 64MB annual plan that was great at first, but for the past couple weeks just plain sucked. The issue appeared to be disk access (should 'ls' really take that long?) Iniz has a great rep here, so maybe their larger plans are better. I'll never know.

Anyway, to one and all: thanks for the experience and keep the money :)

Comments

• Forgot to tell us which ones you decided to keep and why :)

Thanked by 1rmlhhd
  • @rds100 said:
    Forgot to tell us which ones you decided to keep and why :)

And that would make this topic perfect! :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@sleddog i have sometimes the same issue, so i will also move from iniz away to iceland KVM. Which node?

• Reece said: And that would make this topic perfect! :)

Ramnode, DotVPS, Crissic, ShardHost, Backupsy, TorqHost. All solid, consistent, knowledgable providers that can be trusted IMO.

• Thanks for sharing.

• SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
    edited November 2013

@sleddog said:
    Cancelled a few VPSs today:

Bitaccel - Since my extended downtime with them I've heard nothing. No idea if they're really a viable business. I'd decided not to stay around to find out.

ErrantWeb - My recent extended downtime has been followed by long periods of really bad performance. (Whose trashing the node today?) Enough, I say.

Iniz - 64MB annual plan that was great at first, but for the past couple weeks just plain sucked. The issue appeared to be disk access (should 'ls' really take that long?) Iniz has a great rep here, so maybe their larger plans are better. I'll never know.

Anyway, to one and all: thanks for the experience and keep the money :)

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with us. If you ever decide to come back please let me know and I'm sure I'll work something out to your liking.

Our new node is supposed to be going in this week. We will be migrating everyone off of our current node onto our new one, our current (soon to be retired) OpenVZ node is showing loads between 0-2 lately so it is quite stable again after we replaced a couple drives, CPU's, and installed a new-raid battery for protection (all of this was completed during the outage, including a fsck). We migrated our SolusVM master out of our data-center also for stability.

This whole outage situation was triggered by multiple hardware problems occurring on this node. Over the past two years we've worked to keep customers happy and maintain stability. That is what we are going to continue to do, we believe that replacing our current node, with a much more powerful one, will ensure that good quality services will be what comes out of ErrantWeb for years to come.

• sleddog said: Backupsy

do you mean all their brands or just using backupsy?

• @jcaleb said:
    do you mean all their brands or just using backupsy?

I only have personal experience with the Backupsy brand.

Thanked by 1jcaleb