Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS - Birthday Deal -- Service Down!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS - Birthday Deal -- Service Down!

rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
edited November 2013 in General

Hello LET members,

I just wanted to know if any of you have had the same issue.

I was talking to a guy on one of the IRC Channels I am in and he was asking how he could transfer his stuff from his current VPS to a new on from RamNode.

I explained and gave him all the details he needs to know.

After that he told me that his VPS from UGVPS which he got cheap from their birthday deal has been down for 10+ Hours so could not currently transfer files.

Personally this is unexceptable considering their website says 99.9% uptime, although there is no guarantee. The guy said that he had an issue with his VPS so submitted a ticket and was resolved within 30 minutes which is good. A couple days later all connection to the VPS was lost but it did come back up so he thought nothing of it. Now the VPS is down with 10+ hours downtime. UGVPS is not responding to any tickets, Live Chat is offline and their 24/7 Support which is stated on their website is no longer.

Here is the uptime report from Pingdom - http://stats.pingdom.com/phqf1lra8cs7/997573

Here is a benchmark of the VPS when it was online - http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/10/20/rFVVZRXjdyKybKtM

I would like to know if any of you have had this issue or know what is happening.

Comments

• Is your vps located on atlnode3?
    Mine is and it has been down for over 10 hours aswell..

• @itsPacnik said:
    Is your vps located on atlnode3?
    Mine is and it has been down for over 10 hours aswell..

Not quite sure which node he is on but if you both have 10hrs downtime then you are probably on the same node unless their whole network is down.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited November 2013

atlnode3 - dead
    atlnode1 & atlnode4 - up.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

what about atlnode2?

• nothing new here its ugvps. I would just pack up and keep it as a test box till it expires..

slow response time, tech support is useless always needs to escalate to someone else even for the simplest of tasks. Took me 2 weeks+ to get a confirmation to cancel my service, on average about 72hours for ticket response time (not counting the "we are looking into this" or "your ticket has been transferred to the billing department" (despite your ticket being originally opened in the billing department).

• unless their whole network is down.

UGVPS doesn't have their own network or own their own IP space (...or their own equipment). If you can access LET then their network is fine because UGVPS uses ColoCrossing's network in all locations :)

• One of our nodes in Atlanta, atlnode3 is currently running FSCK, as soon as this is complete service will be restored. No other nodes are affected. Thank you for your patience :)

• Same problem here. Mine has been down for 20 hours now.

• Server is online.. Finally!

• The FSCK is complete and the node is back online. Please open a ticket if you are experiencing any issues.