Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WeLoveServers first day impression: Fantastic speeds!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WeLoveServers first day impression: Fantastic speeds!

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited October 2013 in Reviews

This is my first day tests on my new vps with WeLoveServers brand.
Speeds, disk I/O and benchmark are really great.

These are the results:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.84013 s, 280 MB/s

wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
--2013-10-26 17:04:06--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: β100mb.testβ
100%[====>] 104,857,600 57.0M/s   in 1.8s

Speedtest.net's results:

And this is from server located to the country I live (Greece), about 2800Km distance:

And, finally, serverbear's benchmark:

UnixBench score: 1427.5
I/O rate: 253.0 MB/second
Bandwidth rate: 10.6 MB/second

I have to mention that I did the bear's benchmark before weloveservers upgrade my connection to 1GB/s.

The box is a 2 cores 1GB memory 3.99$ value vps.
Great results, don't you think?
Hope the server will be stable and speeds won't decrease over time...

Comments

• First day is always good..if you ask me.

• Funny how there is a post complaining about their services on the same page, I guess that sort of balance things out a little.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2013

@zhuanyi Well, just posting my benchmark and tests. Didn't want to balance anything. I'm looking for some more stable and reliable cheap boxes, because I have some stability problems with a couple of providers last couple of weeks. And the specs I got from benchmark was really good, to a server that probably isn't new (they posted offer many days ago) and has already clients there. EDIT: I just read the other post and saw that a guy had problem with his US node, other guys did't have any and wrote good words. I am in their UK node, so far so good. I installed control panel and 6 websites, all installation was very fast.

@MorningIris Couldn't agree more! Some of my other "first day impressions" was far better than the whole experience of the hoster... But, you have to say, the results of IO and speed tests are impressive for a low end cheap vps and from a company almost new to the market.

I will post my one-month experience and have also same tests then, to compare them :-)

• You have a good luck,WL is not bad.But they some nodes is not well, some nodes is great. They can learn from RamNode,they have a good VPS resources monitoring.

• Thanks guys!

• I had a VPS from them its quite reliable but I/O speed was bellow 200MB/s

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@situnrocks said:
    I had a VPS from them its quite reliable but I/O speed was bellow 200MB/s

While high IO is nice honestly I don't think it's a problem unless it's under 40MB/s. Even then it's not really a problem per se, unless you're experiencing poor performance.

• @situnrocks In most of my lebs, io speed is about 70-130MB/s. That's a normal to good speed in most cases. I had over 200MB/s only in some high end and ssd boxes.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, over 40 is good unless you have a busy database.
    Over 100 is good even for swap use, such as xen/kvm.
    Over 200 you can host a medium database and over 500 it is good for busy databases, however, iops should be high as well.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:
    Yes, over 40 is good unless you have a busy database.
    Over 100 is good even for swap use, such as xen/kvm.
    Over 200 you can host a medium database and over 500 it is good for busy databases, however, iops should be high as well.

Still, this whole crazy IO thing is kind of a LowEndProblem :)

• Just applied for refund from Paypal. at the beginning, I asked for refund for one of the two and only for the money of remaining time. They rejected my request. Now I am gonna have to request for refund for both VPSs from paypal. I'm not a bad buyer. I just don't like they say too long for even considering for a refund. never be too long, mate. I will get it done eventually.